|Job Employer||Goodstart Early Learning|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||$30- $35 per hour plus supper|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Childcare & Outside School Hours Care|
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Role: Assistant Director
Centre: Goodstart Double Bay
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As Assistant Director at Goodstart Double Bay you will play an incredible role helping to shape the future of young children. You will be a team player, working in collaboration with your centre leadership team and Inclusion Champion, to create an environment where children and their families feel welcome, safe, nurtured and valued. You will advocate for each child and family, helping every child to continue to participate in and benefit from quality early learning, now and for the rest of their lives. You will use your experience and leadership qualities to engage and motivate your centre team to drive continuous improvement
You will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families and engage in networks within the centre’s local community.
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Paid professional development – we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Competitive pay you’ll get paid on par with state primary school Teachers (if you hold your Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent)
- Wellbeing focus – you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave – you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts – you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
- Centre support – dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability – with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
If you have previous experience as an Assistant Director or in a centre leadership position, or similar, then we want to meet you!
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team
For more information, please contact Recruiter – Katya Reshetnikova [email protected]