|Posting||Assistant Financial Accountant|
|Job Employer||Chandler Macleod|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Assistant Accountants|
As one of the Australia’s largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod’s recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our client is seeking to engage a Group Assistant Financial Accountant. This is a permanent Role and located in Sydney CBD (Hybrid and Flexible work Module).
The primary objective of this full-time role is to assist the preparation of timely and accurate financial information for meeting external and group reporting requirements. With a strong focus on the numbers and attention to detail, this role plays an integral part in ensuring the group meets its regulatory & compliance imperatives.
This role is ideally suited to an Assistant Accountant, Accounts/Finance Officer who is looking to take a step up to join in a larger company into an Assistant Financial Accountant position to further expand on their accounting skillsets. It also provides a great opportunity for a candidate who not only wants role specific tasks they will own end to end but is also energised to work together on many tasks as a team. Ongoing project and process improvement work is a strong focus for the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fixed asset register and IFRS16 accounting
- Completion of monthly accruals & journals
- Completion of month end closing and reporting tasks
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist the financial statements & explanatory notes for the group
- Assist Bank and account reconciliations
- Preparation of audit files & dealing with auditors & audit queries
- Monthly and quarterly ABS surveys & payment times reporting
- Ensuring Accounting standards and policies are adhered to
- J-Sox compliance and Diva reporting for the group
- Ad hoc projects and process improvement
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organisational skills with a proactive approach and drive to meet required deadlines.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally with business operations.
- Knowledge of Australian accounting standards
- High attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g. look ups/pivot tables are a MUST)
- degree qualified Assistant Accountant/Finance officer
- part or fully qualified CA or CPA
- 2-3 years commercial experience
- Prior audit or SOX experience are an advantage.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting “Apply for this job”. Alternatively, you can call Ashish Bhetwal on 02 9269 8832 or email [email protected] for further discussion.