|Posting||Assistant in Nursing|
|Job Employer||North West Hospital and Health Service|
|Location||Government – State|
|Salary||$32.24-$33.19 p.h. + benefits|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – State|
This role will work under the direction of a Registered Nurse as part of the Central Sterilising Services Department team to provide and support sterilising requirements for perioperative services at the Mount Isa Hospital, North West Hospital and Health Service.
What’s on offer?
Job Security – Permanent full-time role, 76 hours per fortnight.
Generous remuneration package value up to $73,475 p.a. comprising:
- salary range between $63,942 and $65,813 p.a. (Nurse Grade 1 – Band 2)
- annual recreational leave p.a. with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include:
- professional development
- shift, locality and laundry allowances
- sick leave accrual
- access to corporate discounts and employee wellness and assistance programs.
- Salary sacrificing options are also available.
What we are seeking:
- Ability to support and contribute in sterilisation service activities as delegated by the Registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM).
- Ability to work effectively with clients, colleagues and the multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively communicate information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use or learn to use information systems appropriate to the position.
- Willingness to undertake education as required by the role.
- Willingness to participate in research activities.
- Willingness to participate and support activities as part of contribution towards the North West HHS Nursing and Midwifery Professional Practice Model (PPM).
- Proof of a Certificate III in Sterilising Services, or equivalent qualification, is a mandatory requirement.
- The position may require you to work on-call, continuous shift rotations, and weekend work as per departmental business need.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role and may require evidence of vaccination or immunity to: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis, and COVID-19.
- A 6-month probationary period may apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Atelaite Luma on 07 4744 4456.
Apply ONLINE by Sunday 05/06/2022.
Download the Role Description for future reference and interview preparation.