|Posting||Building Inspector (Mandatory Building Inspector)|
|Job Employer||City of Boroondara|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – Local|
- Perform mandatory building inspections and building compliance
- Full time, ongoing (hybrid working)
- Competitive salary on offer with commuter use vehicle and RDO
Hands on role working across locations within and around the City of Boroondara, supported by an experienced and collaborative team
A little bit about the role
City of Boroondara is a great place to work renowned for its leafy neighbourhoods and parks, heritage character, bustling shopping centres and cafes, and relaxed and peaceful streets. The Building Services department consist of small close-knit teams who work collaboratively. Our goal is to ensure the city is liveable, safe, and sustainable. We take pride in serving our customers and the community.
The Building Inspector carries out building inspections on behalf of the Municipal Building Surveyor. Inspections include but are not limited to mandatory enforcement/complaint investigations, pool inspections, report and consent site assessments, essential safety measure audits and hoarding applications. This is a key role that ensures compliance and process is maintained with new and existing building structures. The role is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of building occupants and the general public when carrying out inspections.
A little bit about you
You are tertiary qualified in Building Surveying/Building Inspection together with significant practical experience in the industry. This is supported by your current registration as a Building Practitioner by the Victorian Building Authority in the minimum category of Building Inspector – Unlimited.
You bring strong communication skills, including writing reports, directions and submissions. You are committed to delivering exceptional customer experience, and you have a passion for continuous improvement. You are a true team player committed to shared strategies, priorities and decisions and building join solutions.
What sets us apart?
- You will have a voice and we will listen – we value feedback and take action.
- You will be mentored, supported, stretched and given opportunities to develop
- Our Building Services department is evolving so it’s an exciting time to join us in re-shaping our function and playing a significant part in an exceptionally large-scale transformation
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Preferred applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Record Check
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence
- All local government employees must be fully vaccinated to perform work outside of their place of residence. Appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to provision of evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please submit your application online via the ‘Apply’ button by Thursday 9 June November 2021, 11:59pm. All applications must be made via the online portal; no applications direct to the hiring manager or from recruitment agencies will be considered.
For further information see the Position Description.
For a confidential discussion please contact Josh Hillman, Coordinator Statutory Building Services (during business hours) on (03) 9278 4999.
If you want to know more about the benefits of working for the City of Boroondara, please visit our careers website boroondara.vic.gov.au/careers
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers. To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds. If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance. Council is a child safe organisation and as such, some positions may require the incumbent to hold a Working with Children Check.
We are currently undertaking an exciting project that will see a transformation in the way we work and the way we serve our customers. Implementation of the Boroondara Customer First Program will provide a customer centric model of service delivery that includes technological innovation, process improvement and business system renewal – we value your input and look forward to our journey ahead.