|Posting||Casual Tutor (Economics and Actuarial Studies)|
|Job Employer||The University Of Melbourne|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
Job no: 0055860
Role type: Part time/Casual until December 2022
Faculty: Faculty of Business and Economics
Department/School: Department of Economics
Salary: Initial Tutorial $155.11 per hour, Repeat Tutorial $103.41 per hour, Marking & Other Academic Activity $51.70 per hour
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Department of Economics
The Department of Economics is a leading department in Australia with a strong postgraduate program and an outstanding group of economists and econometricians, all of whom have high research profiles. The Department is one of the largest departments in the Faculty of Business and Economics. The Department is research active and performs teaching and research in the areas of economics, econometrics and actuarial studies.
About the Role
Casual Tutors will be required to carry out tutorials, which include student consultations and marking of assessments, in a subject or subjects taught by the Department of Economics.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- The conduct of tutorials and/or workshops in accordance with Department standards.
- Consultation with students up until examination time of the subject or subjects the tutor is involved in.
- Marking exams and other assessment(s) connected with their subject/s.
- Participation in professional development activities organised by the Faculty.
You are a confident communicator with an ability to build and maintain relationships with students and work collaboratively with a professional development team that is committed to engaging with people. You will have the ability to demonstrate organisational, presentation and communication skills.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Demonstrated successful tertiary study in the relevant subject and/or have equivalent qualifications/experience to at least third year, and preferably honours or higher.
- Minimum Honours degree in Economics or equivalent.
- Hold a current and valid Working with Children
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected].
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA THE UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE
Applications must be sent via this link ONLY: https://ctrs.app.unimelb.edu.au
Position description: 0055860_Casual Tutor (Economics and Actuarial Studies) PD.doc
Applications close: 1 JUNE 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time