|Posting||Clinical Nurse for a specialised Cardiology Clinic|
|Location||Nursing – General Medical & Surgical|
|Salary||$70000 – $99999|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Nursing – General Medical & Surgical|
Canberra Heart Rhythm Centre is a specialised Cardiac Electrophysiology clinic in Canberra, dedicated for patients with heart rhythm disorders.
We are looking for a dynamic professional and experienced person for a busy specialist Medical practice in Canberra comprising of Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology (Canberra Heart Rhythm). We are a large team made up of a positive and enthusiastic group and are looking for a keen individual to join us. We are focused on both individual and team-based work, to provide excellent care to patients.
Overview of the position
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and responsible Clinical nurse to be part of our clinical and Nursing team at Canberra Heart Rhythm Centre. The Clinical Nurse will provide an overarching role in supporting the clinical and administrative team along with undertaking clinical and research work.
The position is permanent full-time involving:
- Providing nursing care to the management of complex patients seen in the specialised clinics
- Assistance in clinics as a physician assistant role
- Patient education regarding risk factor management
- Performing cardiac diagnostic services alongside clinicians and cardiac technician team (e.g. exercise stress tests, ECG)
- Managing nurse helpline regarding patient’s medical issues or questions
- Theatre management (pre operative and post operative calls + wound checks)
The specialised nurse clinics are a protocol based care delivery intended for patients with specific heart conditions. All clinics are managed under the supervision and direction of Dr Rajeev Pathak.
Research component includes helping with clinical trials, education and providing information to patients and helping clinical trial team with data collection. The main responsibilities of the Clinical nurse will be to act as the “key” person for all aspects of nursing management and liaising with other staff across three campuses, Canberra Hospital, National Capital Hospital and Canberra Heart Rhythm.
Canberra Heart Rhythm is located in Garran, Canberra. Our team comprises of 20 staff (administration, nurses, sonographers, research assistants and cardiac scientists), 3 of those being within the nursing team. You will work with all staff closely on a daily basis to correctly analyse and provide appropriate follow ups for each individual patient. The team is supportive and will assist in guiding your education and training to a point where you are comfortable to work independently.
- Stable hours with no on call expectations or shift work
- Job flexibility
- Annual leave loading – 17.5%.
- Supportive working environment
- Diverse and engaging career progression
- Offering long term position
- 2 years experience in nursing role
- Cardiology experience
- Qualified nurse with Current Registration
Core competencies in:
1. Ability to work efficiently and taking initiative. Assess work priorities and manage conflicting deadlines. Working independently as well as in team and taking instructions from the physician.
2. Well-developed verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills and to work effectively as part of a team.
3. Demonstrated competency with computer software packages in the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
4. Ability to take new challenges and work in a fast paced clinical environment, and cope well with stressful situations
Job commencement date: June 2022
Interview date: TBC with each successful candidate within next 1-2 weeks.
Training: provided on site and online / clinic resources
Role: permanent Full-time, we may offer job share or flexible work with a suitable candidate
If you are looking for a challenging but supportive and thriving environment, this position is the one for you. Please apply with your CV and a covering letter.