|Posting||Clinical Support Educator|
|Job Employer||Wollongong Private Hospital|
|Location||Nursing – Educators & Facilitators|
|Salary||Grow your career across a national networ000!|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Nursing – Educators & Facilitators|
Clinical Nurse Educator
We are seeking a passionate and motivate Clinical Nurse Educator to be a part of the team at Wollongong Private Hospital.
This is a Permanent Full-Time Opportunity!
About the Role
The Clinical Educator position is a hands-on role that will see you identifying and providing educational support across all departments. You will be a key member in the learning and development team where your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Act as a professional resource who plans, develops and co-ordinates the delivery of education support sessions, facilitation and contributes to courses/programs within the hospital that align to the National Standards
- Promotes safe and effective clinical practice that follows evidence based best practice
- Supervises staff compliance to annual mandatory training and competence in core and advanced clinical skills
- Supports education of clinical support staff within wards and other clinical departments
- Supports and supervises new graduate nurses, new and existing staff
- Work alongside the nursing team to support growth, development and understanding of core clinical skills
This position will see you coordinating with and supporting the Nurse Unit Managers and the Certified Nurse Educators to ensure quality patient care.
To be successful you will have demonstrated clinical experience in a hospital setting with a passion for delivering patient care. Additionally, you will be a positive role model, who demonstrates highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience post basic registration
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in acute medical and surgical nursing
- Holds a current Certificate IV TAE40116 or Assessors Skills Set (or currently completing)
- Previous experience in educational design, delivery, and evaluation
- Proven teach skills in individual, small and large group settings, formal and informal settings
- An understanding of the theories and principles of adult learning
- Ability to engage and motivate staff within a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and legislative requirements
- Computer literacy in Microsoft software applications
About the Organisation
The 151-bed private hospital operated by Australia’s largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong’s Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It will feature state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical, and maternity services. Surgical specialities include orthopaedics, interventional cardiology, ophthalmology, ENT, bariatric, head and neck, neurosurgical, gynaecological, urology, colorectal, upper GI, general, vascular and plastics.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact Caroline Wilson, Director of Clinical Services on [email protected] [link removed].