|Posting||Commercial Manager – Civil Construction|
|Job Employer||Evoke Recruitment|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Contracts Management|
Our client, a leading civil construction company with a strongly differentiated market positioning, is seeking a Commercial Manager for its Victorian business – a diversified construction portfolio with a national footprint, self-performing capabilities and vertical integration.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is one for an experienced Senior Contracts Administrator or Contracts Manager to join a progressive construction company with its head office located in Melbourne.
This position will identify, manage, and advise on commercial and corporate governance across the civil construction urban development business.
- Undertake detailed evaluations of draft Construction Contracts and provide relevant change proposals.
- Review and provide relevant change proposals in relation to Tripartite Deeds.
- Support commercial negotiations in relation to change proposals.
- Assist the project management team with the interpretation of contract clauses.
- Dispute resolution; analysis of claims and counter claims, coordination/briefings with legal advisors and participation in negotiations.
- Assist the project management team with third party property damages claims and settlements.
- Assist the project management team with resolving non-compliance matters.
- Assist insurer with investigation of third-party common-law claims, including but not limited to the provision information such as incident reports, supplier data, payroll records, etc.
- Provide advice and assistance to the project management team in relation to the administration of our subcontracts (including D&C AS4300 or AS4903).
- Essential to this role is understanding and knowledge of AS 2124 and AS 4000 contracts.
- Train staff in the process of evaluating draft Construction Contracts.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, quantity surveying, construction law or other relevant discipline.
- Experience gained within similar environment across the construction or commercial building industry.
- Experience in contract management practices including best practice commercial/risk policies and procedures, project management, claims management, reporting and dispute resolution.
- Experience in AS/AU Standard Form contracts.
- Moderate proficiency in contract/construction law and statutory and legal obligations for engineering design and construction in Australia.
- Collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to influence organisational culture.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a multi-faceted construction company that has a culture of high performance, innovation, and people.
If your leadership qualities and contracts management track experience is in line with our client’s expectation and come from the either construction or commercial building industry, then apply online OR call Oscar Calleja on 0409 098 011 for a strictly confidential telephone discussion.