|Posting||Design Teacher / Lecturer|
|Job Employer||Whitehouse Institute|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||$85 – $100 per hour|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Teaching – Tertiary|
FULL TIME AND CASUAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Established in 1988 by Leanne Whitehouse, Whitehouse Institute of Design, Australia is a private Higher Education Institute (fully Australian owned) offering a range of degrees and courses specific to the design and creative industries. We specialise in Fashion Design, Interior Design and Creative Direction and Styling in Sydney and Melbourne. We encourage our students to be open minded, curious and passionate about all things design.
We are looking for qualified and experienced teachers/designers to join our well established Sydney Campus and Head Office.
The specialist teachers we are looking for have expertise in:
- Interior Design / CAD (AutoCAD/REVIT, Documentation)
- Interior Design Materials FF&E
- Fashion Design (to work with Garment Construction)
- Fashion Styling and Fashion Design
- Lecturing on Design Business
- Digital Design (Adobe Creative Cloud programs)
Teaching roles consist of ensuring that all students are continually challenged, motivated and educated with the essential skills, both creative and technical, to assist them in completing their degree and to gain employment in the creative industries sector. The design teachers will work together with the Academic Coordinators / Creative Director and Executive Directors to lead Whitehouse programs to the highest level of excellence, both in terms of student experience and education.
The Responsibilities / Skills Required Are:
- The suitable applicant will have a high level of experience in learning and teaching practices for design, student engagement, and design industry experience. They will also have a good understanding of the student learning experience and development of graduate attributes which are relevant to the design industry.
- Prepare and deliver contemporary design lectures/studio-based learning at an undergraduate level.
- Upload lectures, resources, further readings, and design inspiration into Google Classroom with each lesson.
- Drive interaction amongst students on the platform through contemporary and thought-provoking design discussion.
- Be a contributing member amongst a team of motivated and dynamic creative educators
- Drive personal and professional development
- Reflection on each study period, provide feedback to the Academic Director on suggested improvements for curriculum content within the Bachelor of Design course.
- Set, critique and assess coursework.
- Ensure high levels of student retention and student satisfaction/engagement
- Report regularly to student services/administration regarding student attendance, progression and any potential students at risk
- Promote a positive and inclusive environment for all students
- Support the executive team in the positive development and enhancement of the student experience at the Institute
Qualifications / Other
- This role requires the minimum of an AQF Level 8 qualification, Bachelor with Honours degree, Graduate Certificate/Diploma or higher in the area of design/fashion/arts.
- Design Industry experience
- Previous teaching experience at a tertiary level or equivalent preferred
- Current Working with Children Check or ability to apply for one.
Check List, please remember when applying – you will need to include:
- A creative headshot
- A copy of your latest CV
- A portfolio of high-quality contemporary work
- A bio to tell us a bit more about what drives you and why you’d like to work at Whitehouse
Please send all 4 requirements to [email protected] in pdf. format only
These positions are only available to applicants currently based in Australia with full working rights.