|Posting||Disability Support Worker (Immediate Start)|
|Job Employer||Little Blue Wren Services|
|Location||Aged & Disability Support|
|Salary||$30 – $39.99 per hour|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Aged & Disability Support|
Who are we?
Little Blue Wren Services, is a dedicated and innovative NDIS Registered disability service provider. Little Blue Wren Services is leading the way, across New South Wales in delivering ‘Next Generation Disability supports’.
Due to a rapid expansion across Northern NSW, Little Blue Wren Services is looking for forward thinking, creative and motivational Disability Support Workers.
- Supporting people to live the individual life they want
- Supporting people learn the skills they need, to live the life they choose.
- Encourage, support and teach clients to participate in community groups, social events, sporting teams, employment and leisure activities.
- Provide excellent, respectful personal care, carry out safe manual handling with clients and assist in medication administration.
- Work under general guidance from the person seeking support and their family, within clearly defined NDIS Code of Conduct and company policies and guidelines.
- To work flexibly according to the needs of our client’s to include daytimes, evenings, weekends and Public holidays.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the rights of people with disabilities.
- Experience in working with high behaviours
- Passionate in building capacity with participants in daily living skills, to promote independence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with, and aid people with disabilities, in their network.
- Work openly, honestly, and effectively with people with disabilities and the Little Blue Wren Services Team.
- Possess a strong understanding and experience in Data Collection requirements and shift reporting.
- Ability to read, understand and implement recommendations included in Behaviour Support Plans / Care Plans.
- Ability to understand and follow designated lines of responsibility.
- Overcome challenges with innovative and creative strategies.
- A strong understanding of NDIS Code of Conduct and Best Practice Standards.
- Previous experience in working with disability participants with complex needs and behaviours.
- Experience working with clients who have experienced trauma, ABI, TBI, ASD, ADHD, Mental Health.
- Experience in delivering personal care.
- NDIS Worker Screening approval.
- Medication Administration Training.
- First Aid Training.
- Current Working with Children’s Check, or able to obtain prior to commencement OR NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- National Drivers Licence.
- Seizure Management.
If you are excited to join our innovative, creative and dedicated team of ‘Next Generation Disability’ Support Workers, Apply now.