|Posting||Disability Support Worker|
|Job Employer||Hearth Support Services|
|Location||Aged & Disability Support|
|Salary||$31 – $35 per hour excluding super|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Aged & Disability Support|
Are you looking for rewarding and consistent work that offers you an opportunity to make a meaningful impact?
We’re an established NDIS provider offering 1:1 support to individuals with disabilities. We’ve rapidly grown across Melbourne over the last four years, and after recruiting a Bendigo team we’re now offering services & recruiting support workers!
At Hearth we match you based on your skillset, preferences, and interests, and give you an opportunity to meet your participant prior to working with them.
We are looking for support workers across Greater Bendigo and the surrounding area.
Why work at Hearth?
- We pay well above award rates
- Work close to home with flexible hours
- We work around your availability, with shifts available at all times
- You’ll support the same people at the same times each week
- Each person you support has a dedicated Relationship Manager
- Training is tailored to the person you’re supporting
- Clear opportunities for career progression.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Professional or lived experience supporting someone with a disability
- An understanding of the disability sector and person-centred support
- Excellent communication skills, and a compassionate approach
- Flexible availability & a long-term commitment to Hearth
The role may involve:
- Assistance with community access and recreational activities
- Personal care (showering, toileting, and hygiene assistance)
- Manual handling and the use of wheelchairs & hoists
- Transportation and social engagement
- Light domestic duties such as meal preparation and cleaning
- Behavioural and Mental Health Support
- The legal right to work in Australia
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Two professional references
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please include a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria when applying.
If you do not yet hold an NDIS Check, commence the application process as soon as possible regardless of employment status. Your NDIS Clearance will be linked to yourself, not Hearth, and is transferable across all NDIS Providers.