|Job Employer||SIPs Industries Australia Pty Ltd|
|Location||Fremantle & Southern Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Architectural Drafting|
Based in Fremantle, SIPS Industries are Australia’s leading supplier of Structural Insulated Panels. With 12 years leading the niche and growing the industry from our base in Western Australia, we are proud to be expanding our business and are looking to welcome a full time key team member to our close nit team, working directly with the GM and MD.
At SIPS Industries we specialize in floor, wall and roof insulated panel supply and installation for all Type C construction applications including Residential, Commercial and Industrial. Our values are teamwork, innovation, enjoyment and empowerment.
Our small office is seeking a motivated and skilled Draftsman who thrives in a dynamic environment, to join our team. Working on a wide range of projects from small residential to large commercial and industrial. SIPS panels are highly insulated and air-tight providing the perfect building envelope for highly energy efficient buildings.
The role will involve:
- Building the SIPS Revit model from architectural CAD drawings that will vary from GWG and RVT to PDF
- Implement current drafting procedures from project initiation to panalization.
- Liaise with client, designers, engineers and other processionals
- Prepare construction details where necessary
- Follow drafting approval and prepare SIPS shop fabrication drawings
- Prepare site set out drawings
- Liaise with site teams and issue construction drawing set
- Organise, attend and document project meetings
- Carry out site inspections, pre project, during build progress and post project
- Prepare RFI’s, snag lists and other project related documentation
- Log, file and archive projects
We are looking for an applicant who is a self-starter, team orientated, proactive and will possess the following qualities:
- Be a highly effective communicator with a client focused mindset
- 3 years Revit experience and sound knowledge of AutoCAD
- 7 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Graduated in Building Design, Architectural Technology or Architecture preferred
- Knowledge of applicable codes, laws, rules and standards regulating the design and construction of buildings in Australia
- Excellent time management
- Practiced with MS Office suite of software
- Possess a technical knowledge of building materials and construction detailing
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team environment where learning and development is encouraged, as well as recognition of performance, and internal promotions readily available. If you like being busy and enjoy variety, this role is for you.
Apply now with your resume and covering letter.