|Job Employer||Goodstart Early Learning|
|Location||Childcare & Outside School Hours Care|
|Salary||$26 – $27.00+ Super + Benefits|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Childcare & Outside School Hours Care|
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Location: 172 Brisbane Street
Centre: Goodstart Tamworth
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, (38 hours) week.
Are you passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our Centre Directors to Centre Teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health, and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families, and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As an Educator at Goodstart Tamworth, you will be a team player, collaborating with the Senior Educators and Educational Leader within your centre to observe, inform and continuously improve our educational programs on offer to children. You put safety first with everything that you do and ensure all learning experiences are inclusive and respond to the needs of all children.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Hold a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood (ACECQA recognised qualification)
- Displaying a Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Demonstrating exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Being a passionate Educator who is driven by a desire to provide quality learning experiences
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team
- Maintaining strong communication skills, being reliable and punctual
Why choose Goodstart?
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Better pay – you’ll get at least 3% above the award rate, increasing to 5% by 2024
- Paid Parental leave 4 weeks – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Paid professional development – we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Additional Leave – you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for an even greater work-life balance
- Wellbeing Leave – you’ll get two extra days off per year. And our dedicated well-being program will ensure you get the support you need when you need it most
- Employee discounts that range from childcare discounts you will get a 50% discount off your childcare gap fees, travel, hire cars, health insurance, gym offers, and technology discounts (APPLE & DELL)
If you have strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards, plus hold a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood (ACECQA approved equivalent), then we want to meet you!
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are committed to child safety. We believe children have the right to be safe, happy and empowered. Our commitment is underpinned by Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.