|Job Employer||Turnkey Industrial Engineering|
|Location||South West & M5 Corridor|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
Electrical Estimator – Position Description
Complementing the sales and project team at Turnkey Engineering, you will be a part of the Estimation team, and will have an influential role in ensuring the continued growth of the business. The Estimator will be responsible for the development of estimates and commercial proposals for a wide range of electrical projects across NSW. Your output will create the basis for project plans and schedules. You will report to the General Manager & Divisional Managers and have a close relationship with the delivery teams.
Main responsibilities for this position will include but not limited to:
• Review of tender documentation for projects.
• Preparation of final Technical & Commercial proposals for Bid submission.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Preparation of day-to-day quotations for transactional business.
• Participate in client discussions when required during tender submissions for technical or commercial terms.
• Thoroughly review estimates and costs with the General Manager prior to a proposal being submitted.
• Preparation of contract documents, clarifications & conducting pre-bid meetings with client.
• Develop tender cost summaries including equipment, materials and labour calculations for
• Preparation of pre-qualification and HSE documents.
• Assist in the preparation of document deliverables for major projects.
• Preparation of monthly reports.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience in Electrical Estimation
• Previous experience working for a Tier 1 Electrical contractor
• Engineering Degree or Engineering Trades qualification
• Proven Electrical Estimating and planning experience
• Proven high level estimating skills and experience for projects up to $20M in the industrial and infrastructure sectors.
• Proven Design and Construct experience on projects up to $10M
• Strong commercial and financial acumen
• Advanced MS Excel & MS Project skills
• Australian working experience and full work rights are essential.