|Job Employer||Mercy Health|
|Location||Nursing – General Medical & Surgical|
|Salary||Salary Pac000aging Health & Wellbeing Initiatives|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Nursing – General Medical & Surgical|
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
The Enrolled Nursing positions will operate within a multidisciplinary team to ensure a highly responsive and flexible service highlighting a holistic approach and competency in the provision of person centred care.
- Mercy Care Centre, young NSW
- Multiple casual positions available
- To provide quality client-focused care to the patient, their family and carers utilising a holistic approach.
- Form an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team and will be required to provide highly responsive and flexible service to consumers and carers.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Registered Nurse
- Recent experience in palliative care and or rehabilitation desirable
- Demonstrated ability in and skills in cardiac pulmonary resuscitation (BLS)
- Demonstrated ability in accurate drug calculations
- Current Immunisation of diseases as listed in NSW Health Policy Directive. This is a Category A Risk position.
Mercy Care Centre Young is a 26-bed subacute health service facility providing a range of outpatient, community health and aged care services for the people of Young and surrounding region. It specialises in geriatric evaluation and management; rehabilitation and palliative care.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health – our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
Mercy Health has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.