|Posting||Estimator – Electrical|
|Job Employer||Bayside Group|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Successful family-owned Melbourne based Civil Construction company specialising in a diverse range of civil, infrastructure, water, environment and landscape projects. There clients include authorities, local government, defence, water utilities, power utilities and other government bodies that support the community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Electrical Estimator will be involved with several significant Design and Construct projects within the Defence and Water sectors. The successful Estimator will collaborate with key vendors, subcontractors, customers and internal team members to ensure objectives and requirements are achieved from a cost, time and quality perspective.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and evaluating equipment, material and other supplier cost estimates
- Review and understand project requirements to ensure quality estimates in accordance with company standard operating procedures
- As part of the team, contribute to bid sufficient work ($300M – $400M p.a.) to maintain business turnover
- Preparation and submission of tender submissions to meet client requirements
- Review incoming tenders and assess suitability and approximate values
- Build relationships with key clients
- Prepare and hold internal bid reviews
- Attend site inspection
Ideally you will have:
- Good understanding of interpreting Electrical Schematic drawings (Switchboards, control circuits, valve operations, basic motor control circuits etc.)
- Strong understanding of the electrical trade, including any legislative and safety standards
- Design and Construct experience would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in the water industry would also be preferable but not essential
This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in Electrical Estimating for a diverse range of Defence and Water sector projects within an established company that supports and collaborates with its employees in a team-based environment.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the ‘apply’ button. Please submit your resume in “Word” format only. If you require further information, please contact Wayne Eaton on 03 9864 6000.
To view all Bayside Group job opportunities visit www.baysidegroup.com.au [link removed]