|Posting||Experienced Disability Support Worker|
|Job Employer||Empowered Futures Pty Ltd|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||$31.77 ordinary rate|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Aged & Disability Support|
Experienced Disability Support Worker – Empowered Futures
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated people to join our existing teams immediately to support people to live independently in their own homes in Brisbane Western Suburbs through to Booval, Ipswich and to facilitate engagement in the community. We are looking for people to start immediately but will also wait for the right applicant if you need time to relocate.
Regular fortnightly hours | Permanent Part Time employment | Facilitate community engagement | Empower people to live awesome lives doing what interested them | Join a great team that are supportive and encouraging
Empowered Futures is a values-based workplace driven by an empowerment framework that enables people with multiple high needs disabilities and complex health conditions to live and enjoy the life they choose. We are looking for creative people with diverse and interesting life experiences who are passionate about enabling and facilitating people with disabilities to explore and build networks and relationships within their local community.
If the following sounds like you and you meet the role requirements, then we would love to hear from you!
- Motivated by values of social justice and human rights for all – you understand the importance of values alignment between Empowered Futures, our Participants and families and yourself.
- Highly skilled and competent in supporting people with multiple impairments and high supports needs in a 1-on-1 support model – you are passionate about being a Support Worker and view this as your career.
- Creative, energetic, innovative and committed – you are excited about empowering people to engage in their communities, to live awesome lives doing whatever they are interested in.
- Believe in excellent and continually improving service provision – you are driven by meaningful work and operating in a unique niche service model.
We are an intentionally small organisation offering high quality and niche supports to a cohort of ~15 people with high needs disabilities (including multiple physical and intellectual impairments and underlying complex health needs).
In terms of what we can offer you and why you should work with us:
- We can offer you regular weekly shifts supporting the same small group of people.
- Join an innovative and passionate organisation with a great culture and a commitment to delivering high quality supports.
- Great opportunities in a small organisation with a positive culture and excellent team support with dedicated Participant Coordinators.
- We work within a niche model and engage closely with the participants’ family in a very collaborative model of support.
- We have very low incidents of behaviours of concern.
The role requirements:
Experience: You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting those with complex and multiple disabilities.
- Our supports are predominately 1-on-1 (with the exception of overnight shifts – these can be either active or sleepover models) and we are looking for team members who can provide support both in the participant’s home (SIL) as well as facilitating engagement in the community.
- We have a culture of high capacity and we have high expectations of one another to deliver quality supports. You must be able to show initiative, work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Certifications and Clearance:
- A current driver’s license and be confident to drive wheelchair accessible vehicles (vans).
- Eligible to hold a current Blue card and Yellow card.
- Accredited with current First Aid Certificate and CPR.
Availability and Location:
- Available to join our existing teams in Booval, Goodna, Camira, Ellen Grove, Chapel Hill, Forest Lake and Westlake.
- Available to participate in a typical roster that will consist of a mixture of early mornings, day time, evening and active awake shifts.
- Your agreed roster may include some overnight shifts. Preference will be given to those who are willing to complete regular active awake shifts on a fortnightly roster.
Highly Desirable Experience:
- Experience with: Epilepsy management, full personal care, medication administration, PEG feeding and manual handling.
- Knowledge about and experience with Complex Communication Pathways e.g. PODD books, PECS, iGaze, etc.
- Experience in implementing Positive Behaviour Support Strategies (we have minimal behaviours of concern).
Previous experience is essential and a qualification is valued. We are looking for people with an interesting back story who are passionate about supporting people with disabilities or who have a personal lived experience.
We are looking for multiple team members to start immediately but will also wait for the right person.
Do you like the thought of working as part of a highly skilled, competent, passionate and creative team who is respected by their employer, those you support and their families? If this sounds like a good fit for you with our organisational culture then send us your resume.
For your application to be processed promptly, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are well suited to join our team by emailing [email protected].
All inquiries will be handled with the strictest confidence.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE SEEK AUTOMATED APPLICATION PROCESS. Please do not click on the “Apply for this job” button on this web page, no Applications will be considered that are submitted via the Seek Automated Application Process.
************* You must send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] **************
- There is no cut off date and applications will be assessed immediately upon submission.
- This is not a role for recent school or uni grads or those just starting out in the sector. We are looking for a highly experienced and passionate person to join our small niche organisation.