|Job Employer||NSM – Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd|
|Location||Rockingham & Kwinana|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Analysis & Reporting|
Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet – most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
NSM promotes diversity and alternate ways of working including part-time.
About the role
This Finance Analyst position is available on a 12 month contract to assist with significant reporting and data analysis within the WAMA Finance team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and collating all estimates
- Validating the cost proposals in line with the guidelines
- Providing cost options for the different scenarios
- Review Adjustment Events (AE) and determine if budget is allocated into the correct Payment Agreement (PA)
- Validate project costs are apportioned into the correct PA etc.
You’ll be working with big complex data sets, applying commercial acumen to ensure the cost submission is aligned with the contractual durations, AEs are budgeted in the correct year and propose cost splits where this is not occurring, review forecast for end of PA2 and align with approved budget and trend forecast spend in each PA.
You’ll require strong cost control background, commercial (contractual) acumen, strong cost and analytic skills, be able to translate the vast amounts of data into information for management decision making (Power BI and/or Power Pivots with graphs). Importantly your strong commercial understanding, financial budgeting principles and the ability to apply your knowledge of the contractual obligations to inform the Leadership team of any findings.
- Tertiary Qualifications in, business or finance discipline;
- Demonstrable attribute as a change agent and a systems thinker;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel;
- Experience developing KPI dashboard reports utilising BI software;
- Experience working with large data sets;
- Financial modelling skills;
- Experience in developing relational databases;
- High literacy and numeracy skills;
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Excel;
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with team members and stakeholders; and
- Ability to prioritise work to ensure business objectives and agreed deadlines are met.
Essential Compliance Requirements:
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain, an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
How to apply:
- Submit a current CV and covering statement (max 500 words) outlining your suitability for this role.