|Posting||Food & Beverage Operations Manager – Melbourne Zoo|
|Job Employer||Compass Group|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
Allow me to set the scene. You walk in the main gate, and you are greeted with a coffee (as you like it) from our plant-based forward outlet. You idle forward and say ‘hi’ to your Meerkat buddies just beyond the entrance, and you keep walking and say g’day to your facilities crew that are zooming around on buggies. As you pass the giraffes, you head into your office and sit down and wonder how you got so lucky to be working in the most exotic location in inner Melbourne. If this sounds like your ideal situation, then please read on!
We are currently on the lookout for an experienced and agile Food & Beverage Operations Manager who is at the absolute top of their game and hungry for an opportunity to join one of Melbourne’s most iconic landmarks, Melbourne Zoo, located in Parkville.
As the Food & Beverage Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading a diverse team across a large multi-retail business and numerous dedicated function venues. You will come from a premium hospitality and/or catering background and have a passion for providing unique and memorable experiences as well as the ability to motivate and lead your team.
- Experience working with multiple dining, catering and function outlets
- Experience in stock control, ordering, hygiene, menu planning, safety awareness & staff control
- Competent financial reporting and cost management skills
- Implementing and observing relevant safety & hygiene practices
- Function planning and management in a hand on capacity
- Hospitality Management experience within multi-site venues
- Retail and function experience essential
- Team building and Safety Focused
- Presentation standards of retail outlets and team members
- Commercial accountability
Why choose us?
As one of the largest contract catering organisations worldwide, we know great talent when we see it and we grab into that with both hands. And once we have you, we will KEEP YOU. How?
- Our people come first. We will offer you above award wages, a safe workplace and opportunities to develop your career
- We are a diverse operation that values your contribution
- We are an ecological and socially forward operation – committed to minimising food waste and single use plastic
We want to hear from you!
‘Respect. Growth. Teamwork’ is our belief.