|Posting||Head of Department – Science – Queensland Academy for Health Sciences|
|Job Employer||Department of Education|
|Location||Government – State|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – State|
Image Courtesy of Queensland Academies for Health Sciences
About our academy:
Queensland Academy for Health Sciences (QAHS) offers highly capable students in Years 10 to 12 the opportunity to study the world-class International Baccalaureate Program in state-of-the-art facilities located at Southport as the only school located in the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge Precinct. We are dedicated to empowering Queensland’s brightest students in a collaborative, high expectations and supportive educational environment to realise their potential through a world class curriculum, with outstanding educators and excellent facilities. Our graduates consistently achieve above world average results with an average Diploma score of 38 for 2021 (world average 32) and 26.6% of 2021 Graduates receiving an equivalent tertiary entrance rank of 99+ (State 2.36%).
The QAHS Head of Department – Science role focuses on supporting and collaborating with teaching professionals and scientific staff to ensure excellence in delivery of cutting-edge science curriculum under the International Baccalaureate’s philosophy and guidelines.
You will also have responsibility for leading the following (but not limited to) activities and delivery of the following key tasks:
- Promoting and seeking new STEM opportunities for students and identified stakeholders.
- Leading and managing outreach programs (master classes/workshops) with a range of community stakeholders to support and promote strategic alliances.
- Promoting high quality connections within the Science Faculty through leading regular meetings; effective financial budgetary planning; mentoring performance planning and review.
- Building and broadening the professional capacity of staff by promoting professional development in a culture of high positive regard for all staff.
- Teaching role within the Group 4 Sciences, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- Leading and overseeing development and delivery of Cert II and III vocational education opportunities for students.
- Applicants with demonstrated knowledge, training and experience in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme together with an articulated understanding of the school’s responsibilities as an IB World School will be highly regarded.
For a full list of position responsibilities, please see the attached role description.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Contact Name: Vanessa Rebgetz, Principal (07) 5510 1000
Closing Date: Sunday, 12 June 2022
Interested? To apply:
- Attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- Attach a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities identified in the attached role description.
- Please note: Engagement in this position is subject to the person fully satisfying the COVID-19 vaccination requirements outlined in the attached Candidate Information Fact Sheet 2022. Applicants are asked to submit evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination with their application.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. #LI-PRIORITY