|Job Employer||Kingston Building Australia|
|Location||CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
Insurance Building Estimator/Supervisor – Perth based
An exciting, newly created opportunity now exists for an Insurance Building Supervisor/Estimator to join our team. As an Insurance Building Supervisor/Estimator you will be a big part of the wider repair team.
Your main role will be responsible for attending residential homes, preparing reports and estimates.
The successful applicant will occasionally supervise trades on sites, ensuring each job is completed to a high standard whilst providing the highest level of customer service. You will be required to travel (including interstate) from time to time.
You will be supported in the role by our team of office based repair co-ordinators and your peers.
Our ideal candidate will be:
Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude and enjoys working autonomously. A high level of communication with different stakeholders and staff is required in order to be successful within the role.
Prior experience within the insurance industry will be viewed as advantageous however we are willing to provide training to the right candidate.
Previous demonstrated experience with scoping and report writing is essential. A professional approach is required as face to face contact with our clients is necessary. Honesty and integrity is essential.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Conduct onsite assessments of insured properties to determine damage
- Identify difference between insurance related damage and maintenance
- Create detailed and accurate assessment reports, scopes of works and quotes on covered damage
- Provide repair and technical advice on claims as required
- Work closely with the repair co-ordination team
- Engage, coordinate and manage trades to completion of repairs
- Dispute/issue resolution as required
- Ensure all work conforms to legislative and contractual OH&S requirements
- Receipt, distribution and management of company emails through Outlook
- Travel may be required in the case of a Natural Disaster
Key Selection Criteria:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Neat and tidy and professional presentation
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Be familiar with OHS practices, legislation and regulations
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- An eye for detail and quality
- Willingness to work with the team and constantly improve performance
- A positive “can do” work ethic and willingness to work flexible hours and change routine from time to time
- Computer literate with knowledge in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Current and valid driver’s license with clean driving record
The successful applicant will undergo police checks and a medical prior to employment.
Due to the expected high number of applicants, phone calls will unfortunately not be taken, however if you have any direct questions, please email [email protected] CVs must include a cover letter outlining your reasons for applying.
Please note, no agency contact will be accepted.