|Posting||Jillaroo / Jackaroo|
|Job Employer||Lynford Farms|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Farm Labour|
Lynford Farms is a large family owned property located near Williams within 2hrs of Perth, Western Australia. The farm runs a self replacing merino flock and a rotational cropping and pasture program. It uses high ranking Sheep Genetics measured poll merino rams to produce RWS accredited superfine wool and food service quality Arkady Lamb. The business vision is to operate a leading farm using sustainable and ethical farming best practices.
Applications are invited to fill 2 vacancies.
These are full time salaried positions of 1 year duration with the option of a further 1 year extension. Work is during normal Monday-Friday hours. On-farm self contained accommodation is provided. Incumbents are provided practical experience in sheep management within a professionally orientated business. Participants will obtain good grounding for management roles within the farming, advisor, and agency community.
The role includes training by management and farm advisors in:
- Sheep husbandry and nutrition
- Low stress sheep management
- Sheep handling equipment
- ASBV data collection and analysis
- Sheep, lamb and wool marketing
- Farm machinery operation
- General duties associated with mixed farming.
To be suitable for this position you will have:
- Completed or nearing completion of an agricultural related tertiary qualification
- Some familiarity with mixed farming
- Genuine interest in health and well-being of production animals
- Ability to operate or learn to operate farm machinery competently
- Well developed computer skills and a willingness to utilize technology
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please email your resume including a cover letter explaining why you should be considered for the position to [email protected]