|Posting||Junior Project Manager – Fitout and Refurbishment|
|Job Employer||Kinetic Constructions Pty Ltd|
|Salary||$110000 – $129999|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Project Management|
Since our establishment in 2019, Kinetic has been responsible for the delivery of over 50 projects domestically and now has offices located in Melbourne and Sydney.
You will join an organisation that will provide you with a unique industry experience, professional development and career growth opportunities and a fantastic team to learn from. Our aim is to provide our staff with a solid understanding and grounding in the commercial construction and project management business.
Your Next Opportunity
Due to organisational growth, we are on the search for a permanent full-time Junior Project Manager to support the delivery of commercial construction projects located in the Melbourne Metropolitan Region.
At Kinetic, we believe that our Project Managers are a key to our success. Our Project Managers work to ensure that all projects are delivered to schedule, within budget and to the highest level of quality and care. We believe our Project Managers are an essential link to our clients, enabling a clear understanding of the scope, objectives, and constraints of their projects.
As part of our delivery team, you will not only manage all aspects of project delivery on the construction site, but also manage the design team including:
- engagement of architects, consultants and subcontractors
- management of the overall project budget and time frame
- providing design input
- devising strategies for achieving client objectives
- build and strengthen professional relationships with clients and stakeholders.
This is a key role to the winning and delivery of services to our clients, requiring a Junior Project Manager with a ‘can do’ attitude to bidding, delivery and stakeholder management, combined with the ability to meet challenging deadlines, whilst remaining balanced under pressure
What we are looking for?
The successful candidate will be committed to quality and their clients and lead with integrity. We are looking for someone who can display the following skills and attributes:
- an experienced people manager who will take an active interest in developing our team, with the ability to train, mentor and develop our Cadets and Contracts Administrators.
- a demonstrated track record of high-quality delivery with 3-5 years of experience as a CA or Project Manager in the construction or similar industry.
- demonstrated software management skills with knowledge of Microsoft Project and Procore preferred.
- good working knowledge of financial management systems
- a demonstrated competency in reading project documentation.
- capability to quickly establish rapport and maintain positive, respectful and professional working relationships.
- contract management experience (e.g. managing subcontractors, client side, architects and designers).
- a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- must have a positive can do attitude and be proactive in finding solutions.
- demonstrated understanding of the Building Code and WHS legislation.
- attention to detail in every aspect of their work.
- ability to work well in a team environment and/or autonomously.
- Construction Management, Engineering or a Trade Qualification is highly desirable for this position.
- a White Card, Asbestos Awareness, Fire Warden’s and First Aid are advantageous.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements and a workplace culture that supports our employee’s work-life balance.
- Western Melbourne office location – Coburg North
- Kitchen stocked weekly with fresh fruit, tea, coffee and snacks
- Optional social club
- Training and development opportunities
- Ongoing commitment to professional learning and development through our mentoring and personal development plans
- Genuine career growth with the ability to progress into either a Senior Project Manager or Project Director role once the team is established
What we can offer you:
In our many years of operations, our staff have always been at the heart of what we do, and what we have achieved, and continue to achieve is not possible without them. We support our people by:
- Offering flexible working arrangements to suit your work/life needs.
- Providing tailored professional and skills development plans, and easy access to further training and learning to fast track your career.
- Ongoing commitment to your professional development through our mentoring initiative and women’s empowerment program, providing quarterly ‘soft-skills’ workshops to support our staff in realising their own potential.
- We give back through our CSR and Charity Partner initiatives.
- Regular team-building events and option to join the company social club (which includes an annual company trip!)
- Kitchen stocked weekly with fresh fruit, snacks and Nespresso coffee.
- And so much more!
How to apply
Please apply via the link on Seek above.
Kinetic are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of all employees. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on meeting the stated criteria in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity.