|Posting||Lead Project Engineer – Marine Projects|
|Job Employer||Fortescue Future Industries|
|Location||CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Project Engineering|
FFI is leading Fortescue’s decarbonisation and growth agendas and developing a portfolio of projects centred on the production of renewable hydrogen, ammonia, minerals and other value-added products. FFI is underpinned by Fortescue’s world class expertise, operational excellence and proven capability to drive future growth.
Title: Lead Project Engineer
Work location: Perth based (Hazelmere)
Roster: 5/2 roster (Mon to Fri)
In support of Fortescue’s strong focus on green energy and our carbon neutrality targets, one of our key initiatives will be in our Green Fleet projects whereby we will develop and test a range of technologies to power our mining fleet
Based at our new Hazelmere R&D facility we are presently looking for an experienced Project Engineer with a track history of delivering new and challenging projects.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for all technical aspects of a key project within the Green Fleet marine fleet projects
- Assist Project Manager with the safe delivery of project on schedule, to budget and to specification
- Providing the Engineering department with technical scope of works and to work closely to provide solutions to the project’s technical challenges
- Responsible for the technical delivery of the project, liaising with the engineering department
- Stakeholder management of internal and external stakeholders which include internal FFI personnel, contractors, consultants, regulators, and maritime flagstate authorities.
- Drive schedule improvements to reduce delivery timeframes safely
- Deliver cost and capital effective solutions to improve the project’s capital intensity whilst delivering the projects scope on time and within budget safely
- Provide effective and strategic reporting and communications of project performance on a regular basis
- Demonstrated experience within the delivery of unique projects safely and on time.
- Experience in the maritime industry is preferred
Qualifications and skills required:
- Be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (Marine Engineering or related discipline highly advantageous)
- Project experience including the delivery of complex and multi discipline projects
- Experience managing multiple contractor groups
- Experience working with marine classification societies and flag state authorities is highly regarded.
- Experience with project budgeting and cost control
- Ability to successfully engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics and PNID’s.
- High commitment to safety and good knowledge of HAZID and HAZOP.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness with ability to lead and motivate teams
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for excellence
- Results driven, responsible, trustworthy and accountable
- Ability to manage under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified