|Posting||Lifestyle Carer (Community)|
|Location||Aged & Disability Support|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Aged & Disability Support|
• Based in the Gold Coast
• Work for a supportive organisation, within a warm and caring natured team
We believe lives are for living!
Carinity is looking for motivated and enthusiastic people who are committed to making a real difference to the lives of others.
Reporting to the Lifestyle Coordinator, we’re seeking Lifestyle Carers to deliver quality, individualised care, enabling seniors to remain living independently in their homes and stay connected in their community.
Travelling between numerous clients through the day, your day will be varied and far from boring – no day is the same!
In this role you will support and assist clients with a wide range of care, including:
- Domestic duties and general help around the home
- Dressing & personal care
- Food shopping and meal preparation
- Accessing social and wellbeing programs
- Getting clients out and about to appointments and in the community.
A variety of shifts are available across seven days, with flexible arrangements to fit with your life.
What do I need for the role?
- Passion for providing care and support to seniors living at their homes and the community
- Availability to travel across Gold Cost
- There are a variety of shifts available across all days and times, including weekends
- Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent (Community Care/ Disability)
- First aid and current CPR certificates
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply
- Current open Australian driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current flu vaccination and COVID-19 vaccination
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or willingness to obtain), or current National Police Check (issued before 1 Feb 2021).
- Experience in Home Care, Residential Aged Care or Disability
- Experience working with clients with complex care needs, including dementia and NDIS.
Why join Carinity Home Care?
- Paid kilometres for travel
- Afternoon shift allowance
- Mobile phone allowance
- Feel like part of the family working with a supportive locally-based coordination and care team.
- Join a values-driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others
- Access to extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options (pay less tax)
- Join one of Queensland’s largest, and most experienced, aged care providers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for our staff and their immediate family.
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949. Carinity employ over 1,600 staff who support over 15,000 people each year across aged care, home care, retirement living, education, counselling, youth accommodation and mental health, disability and other community outreach programs.
How do I apply?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
For further information regarding the role, including a copy of the position description, please visit carinity.org.au/join-our-team. To submit your application, which addresses how you meet the requirements and competencies of the role, click ‘APPLY’.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.