|Job Employer||Wenona School|
|Location||North Shore & Northern Beaches|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Teaching – Secondary|
Wenona is seeking a dynamic, experienced and passionate permanent Mathematics teacher to join our outstanding Mathematics faculty and to inspire our young women through classroom practice, refined professional knowledge and a commitment to high performance.
At Wenona, we have an obligation to our profession to ensure the highest quality educational outcomes for our students. We foster a love of learning, inquiry and collaboration through our own role modelling of such practices in our work. We expect our teachers to be committed to their own professional development and to want to make a contribution to the broader educational community.
We view classroom teaching as a clinical practice, whereby teachers refine their skills and reflect on their own performance through the annual Wenona Improvement Cycle. This includes observed practice of our teaching by our colleagues and 360-degree feedback for all teachers.
Wenona supports both academic and support staff to develop their expertise through initiatives such as Wenona Teaching Fellowships, Seeding Grants and ongoing outstanding professional learning that develops and supports career development into the future.
The start date for this position is negotiable as we are seeking an outstanding Mathematics educator.
- Knowledge and willingness to teach Mathematics 7-12, including HSC Mathematics.
- Utilisation of contemporary teaching and learning pedagogies.
- Commitment to Student Wellbeing and meeting the social and emotional wellbeing needs of students.
- An ongoing commitment to professional learning, including making a contribution to the broader education community.
- A commitment to collaborative teaching practices and an ability to contribute to a team and faculty of professional educators.
- Utilisation of ICT to facilitate and enrich student learning and engagement beyond the classroom.
- Teaching and aspiring to the standards articulated in the Wenona Effective Teaching Cycle.
- A willingness to contribute to the broader life of the School community.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively across a broad range of audiences.
- Provision of an appropriate academic challenge that allows each student to reach her potential.
- Use of a variety of teaching methods which will simulate learning appropriate to student’s needs and the requirements of the syllabus.
- Reporting – assess, record and provide feedback on the progress, development and attainment of student’s and keep records as required.
Wenona seeks to provide a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of our students, and our School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations. Wenona’s Child Safe policies and practices and our Staff Code of Conduct are available on our website.
Education and Experience
- Qualifications in Teaching and current NESA accreditation.
- Five years plus experience in Mathematics classroom teaching in a comprehensive school setting, with a willingness to teach up to and including HSC (Extension 1 and 2), Advanced Maths and Standard Mathematics.
- Strong knowledge of NESA curriculum.
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- An understanding of and commitment to the educational needs of young women.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage and communicate with all stakeholders including students, parents and staff.
- Ability to be solutions focused and data-driven in all decision making.
- Desire to use flexibility and creativity in day-to-day activities.
- An appreciation and understanding of the unique developmental needs of adolescent girls and the significance of social and emotional learning to both personal growth and academic engagement.
- Ability to inspire all learners using differentiated practice and a range of pedagogies to create a dynamic learning environment.
- Commitment to your own professional learning and making a contribution to the broader educational community.
- Understanding of and commitment to child wellness, safety and the protection of children in a Child Safe School
- A sense of humour.
Wenona is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
General conditions of the role
- Award & Classification: Independent Schools NSW/ACT Standards Model (Teacher’s) MEA 2021, as amended or replaced.
- Hours of work: Permanent, Full-Time.
- Reporting Line: All positions report to the Principal.
- The line manager for this position is: Head of Mathematics.
- Professional Learning: You will be expected to attend and contribute to all staff professional development days and requirements as outlined in the School’s calendar.
- Other duties: In addition to teaching duties, the successful candidate will be required to participate in other areas of the School including playground duties, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and school camps. This role involves the application of discipline and participation in the School’s program for wellbeing. Some of the duties will need to be performed at times outside the normal classroom teaching hours including weekends.
Applicants should apply below, sending full curriculum vitae, a cover letter, addressing the selection criteria, copies of qualifications and names of two referees. Applications should be addressed to Dr Briony Scott, Principal, Wenona School.
Please direct any questions or enquiries to Ms Danielle Govers (02 9409 4400).
Wenona School is a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations including child safe standards. Wenona’s Code of Conduct is available on our website. The successful applicant for this position will be required to provide the school with a current Working with Children Check. (https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check)
All employees at Wenona School must comply with current Public Health Orders pertaining to COVID-19 vaccinations. All must be double vaccinated for COVID-19 or able to meet the exemption criteria as determined by NSW Health.
12pm, Friday 24 June 2022