|Posting||Mechanical Estimator – Structural Steel, Mechanical & Piping (SMP)|
|Job Employer||Turnkey Industrial Engineering|
|Location||South West & M5 Corridor|
|Salary||$100000 – $149999|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Mechanical Engineering|
Mechanical Estimator – Position Description
Due to the expansion of our business, we’re looking for an experienced Mechanical Estimator to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager and Divisional Managers, you will primarily be responsible for estimating tenders and quotes, and ensuring that these tenders are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender and required technical standards.
Your duties will include:
• Complete tender pre-qualifications.
• Receive and review tender documents, analyse suitability of project for the business.
• Prepare pricing based on information received, seek to clarify information when required.
• Prepare estimates, quantities, pricing and costing for tenders.
• Analyse and interpretate estimates / tender requirements, documentation and site conditions as required.
• Liaise with stakeholders regarding the interpretation and application of project requirements, specifications and documentations.
• Preparation of project estimate documentation to produce sales orders.
• Handing over successfully won projects to Project Management for delivery.
• Assisting the Projects department with technical knowledge and day to day running requirements.
• Collecting and following up on quotes from suppliers.
• Detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery.
• Assisting in the identification of risk and development and implementation of suitable mitigation strategies.
• Prepare tender submission documents that are professional and comply with the submission requirements.
• Submit tender responses on time.
• Assist the Project Management team in costing variations.
• Provide support to Project Managers in understanding budgets and submission details.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
• Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or relevant Mechanical Trade Experience.
• 5 Years relevant estimating experience with a Tier 1 or 2 mechanical services company
• A high attention to detail
• An ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
• A successful track record of working closely with business development and sales to assist in new growth opportunities.
• Exposure to developing and setting milestones action plans for achieving tender submission deadlines.
• Engaging with business development, engineers, subcontractors and specialist providers to determine the most effective tender response strategy.
• Experience in Industrial and Infrastructure is highly regarded and desirable.