|Job Employer||Costco Wholesale|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Customer Service – Customer Facing|
Costco Wholesale is the 3rd largest global retailer with more than 785 locations in 12 countries. We are the recognised leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business, respected for our outstanding business ethics and oustanding member service.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Welcomes and communicates with members and potential members, in person, by phone, or by mail. Answers questions, resolves problems, and explains membership, warehouse, and credit programs. Reviews membership, warehouse, and credit programs to keep knowledge up to date.
- Provides and arranges for prompt and courteous member service. Answers phone, runs to the floor to check item availability, directs members to product and service locations. Enlists assistance for member loading or shopping. Responds helpfully to member concerns, secures manager assistance as necessary.
- Processes new memberships and membership maintenance. Keys membership information into computer, keeps logs and paperwork, Follows departmental procedures for paperwork and performance of duties.
- Follows all safety and security procedures. Verifies identity, business information for memberships.
- Collects membership dues as keyed to computer by check, cash, and debit/credit terminal. Issues receipts.
- Issues membership cards using computer, camera, and automated card printer. Issues temporary cards by researching membership information in computer and hand writing card. Issues employee name badges.
- Assists at refund counter or with marketing as necessary. Cleans department, Stocks forms and cleans and supplies printers.
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Assists with front end duties as necessary.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Communication – Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and vendors. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers. Fluient in other languages would be pefered but not required.
- Member Service – Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and vendors in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and make sound decisions that reflect Costco’s Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated – Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player – Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility – Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.