|Posting||Ngukurr Regional Coordinator|
|Job Employer||Northern Land Council|
|Location||Indigenous & Multicultural Services|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Indigenous & Multicultural Services|
Would you like to work for one of the largest and oldest Indigenous organisations in Australia which provides services to around 50,000 Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory?
About the NLC
We are responsible for assisting Aboriginal people in the Top End of the Northern Territory to acquire and manage their lands and seas. Our vision is to ensure that Aboriginal people benefit socially, culturally and economically from the secure possession of their land, waters and seas.
About the Role
This position is responsible for supporting the strategic objectives of the Northern Land Council through effectively and efficiently managing NLC projects, programs and staff in the Ngukurr Region and Regional Office.
- Manage and facilitate the effective implementation of NLC projects and programs within the region.
- Oversee the coordination of community consultations with Aboriginal traditional owners and other Aboriginal groups relating to the use and management of their land, as required under the Aboriginal Land Rights (NT) Act 1976 (ALRA) throughout the Ngukurr region.
- Manage the delivery of high level administrative and logistical support to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of activities within the region, ranging from event planning, managing travel, payments, accommodation and meeting facilitation.
- As required lead the coordination of activities such as meetings and negotiations between Aboriginal traditional owners, Aboriginal groups and third parties interested in the exploration and/or development activities on Aboriginal land.
To thrive in this role you will have:
- Significant demonstrated knowledge, understanding and respect of Indigenous Australian culture, customs and society and the ability to gain and maintain credibility with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, communities and organisations to ensure all work produced and undertaken is culturally safe and appropriate.
- Proven leadership and management experience in successfully implementing project/program management activities, with an ability to strategically harness resources to effectively plan, coordinate and manage activities.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team in a diverse and complex work environment, experience in balancing competing priorities, and delegating tasks to deliver a positive outcome.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively liaise, engage and coordinate across an organisation and to build and foster productive working relationships with work colleagues, constituents and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency to communicate effectively in writing with influence, the ability to produce clear, concise and informative high level documents for a range of purposes to suit the intended audience; including submissions, briefings, and reports.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Full-Time 2 year contract
- Location: Ngukurr
- Salary: $90,619 – $99,290
- FBT exempt salary packaging benefits pay
- 13% superannuation contribution
- 5 weeks annual leave & 17.5% annual leave loading
Cultural knowledge and lived experience is central to the work that we do. We will apply special measures for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Please note COVID vaccinations are mandatory for all NLC staff.
How to Apply:
A full Position Description may be obtained by clicking on this vacancy on our website https://jobs.nlc.org.au/ . We ask that all applications are received through our jobs website – this will ensure that you are submitting a full application for this position. Our website also provides information about our recruitment process. If you are having any problems submitting your application please contact us on 08 8920 5140.
Nathan Rosas on 08 8971 9823.
Applications Close: Monday, 13 June 2022.