|Posting||Nurse Practitioner – Emergency Department – Bega|
|Job Employer||Southern NSW Local Health District|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||$127159 – $136154|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Nursing – A&E, Critical Care & ICU|
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time – Up to 27 November 2022
Position Classification: Nurse Practitioner
Remuneration: $64.13 – $68.67 per hour
Hours Per Week: 24
Requisition ID: REQ302919
Application Close: 2 June 2022
Interviews Details: Interviews will be scheduled within 21 days of closing date
Where you’ll be working
At Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead healthy lives. Our mission is that all people across our diverse societies are able to have timely access to the right healthcare in the right setting to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence.
Bega – the rural heartland of the Sapphire Coast halfway between Melbourne and Sydney, a short drive to beautiful sandy beaches and national park wilderness. Just 3 hours to Canberra with the perfect climate to the outdoors all year round, including whale watching between June and November. The pretty valley is a beautiful base for exploring gorgeous beaches, tranquil waterways and beautiful national parks.
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to – and it all comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. For more information visit our website
To see what it is like to live and work in Bega – click here: Imagine Rural – Southern NSW Local Health District
What you’ll be doing The Nurse Practitioner provides person-centered care at an advanced nursing practice level incorporating diagnostic and treatment interventions using a high level knowledge, skills and autonomy to achieve people focused quality care.
- Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) who is endorsed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of AustraliaORRegistered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) working towards Nurse Practitioner endorsement with 5 years post graduate experience and at least 3 years in the relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in the absence of a Medical Practitioner to provide quality care together with the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated exceptional clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means and sound interpersonal skills with the capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in the application of evidence based practice in implementing individualised person-centred care, diagnostic and treatment interventions at an advanced level with a commitment to quality improvement.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development, a commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills, willingness to apply and share professional expertise as a resource person and mentor others within the field of practice.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases
This is a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive PD2020_017. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
OASV requirements also include proof of vaccination against influenza and is compulsory for NSW Staff that enter any Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) or who work in NSW Health owned and operated RACFs.
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Suzanne Eddie on 0408 753 547 or [email protected]