|Posting||Nurse Unit Manager|
|Job Employer||Wollongong Private Hospital|
|Location||Nursing – Management|
|Salary||Need a better wor000 life balance? Apply today!|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Nursing – Management|
Nurse Unit Manager – Recovery
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced clinical manager to lead our Theatre Recovery team at Wollongong Private Hospital.
About the Role
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all resources within the department. This role encompasses planning, implementing, and evaluating practices, processes, and services within the department.
You will also be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery, in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Working closely with the Executive team, you will help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions, and achieve departmental and hospital strategic objectives.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in managing the demands of a team and busy unit, as well as have an innovative and resourceful approach to problem solving. You will be a leader with a passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow while bringing a passion for a high level of client care and service.
You will bring the following:
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years post graduate clinical practice in an acute surgical environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the peri-operative environment, particularly anaesthetics and recovery
- Critical care experience (desirable)
- Previous management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage challenging situations
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently plan and manage KPI’s, financial, human, and material resources
- A focus on staff development and enthusiasm to foster and promote junior staff
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and facilitating education programs
About the Organisation
The 151-bed private hospital operated by Australia’s largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong’s Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It will feature state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, eleven operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, Vascular Laboratory, Endoscopy suite and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical, and maternity services. Surgical specialities include orthopaedics, interventional cardiology, ophthalmology, ENT, bariatric, head and neck, neurosurgical, gynaecological, urology, colorectal, upper GI, general, vascular and plastics.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way.
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, including a third dose if required under State health orders
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Maddison Bahnert via email on [email protected] [link removed].