|Posting||Oral Health Therapist (OHT)|
|Job Employer||Bangalow Holistic Dentist|
|Salary||$90000 – $100000 Based on 35%Com for 3 full days|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
About the business
We are a state of the Art Holistic Dental Surgery in the heart of Bangalow, which is 10 minutes from Byron Bay. All our staff are highly trained, very friendly, and committed to our patients wellbeing and dental care. We always put the interests of our patients first!
We are excited to be looking for a passionate, caring, Oral Health Hygienist, initially for 2 days a week (Wednesday and Friday), extending to 3 days after 3-4 months.
You will be a valuable and highly respected team member in a harmonious, dynamic and health-oriented holistic dental practice.
The position includes children’s dentistry, adult dental hygiene treatment etc., and assisting the dentist with ongoing treatment of periodontal disease using the Bonner Method (training will be provided). An OHT who has the desire to learn a few extra skills and fit in with a holistic-minded practice, will be a great asset and highly valued member of our clinic.
About the role
1.Comprehensive treatment of children under 18
2. Check ups, scales and polishes, and oral hygiene instruction for most adult recall appointments etc.
3. Dedicated 60 min appointments practicing the Bonner method of curing gingivitis and periodontal disease, aided by the use of a phase contrast microscope. These sessions include periodontal charting, viewing 4 x live samples of biofilm, one from each quadrant, reinforcing oral hygiene practices utilising biologically active products which target the infective pathogens which cause gingivitis and periodontal disease. It often takes 8 x monthly appointments to cure the infection and to remove all the sub-gingival calculus once the infection is eliminated.
4. We will be offering a very generous 35% commission because we are looking for A PASSIONATE and skilled OHT to highly train FOR A LONG TERM POSITION. This is a very unique opportunity because only one other dental clinic in Australia offers the Bonner method of curing gum disease.
5. You will learn to understand the oral-systemic connection and how much poor oral health can negatively impact general health. You will contribute to improving patients’ health span and life span.
See below a video by two highly respected specialist Periodontists from Los Angeles, who attended the course in Montreal with Dr Cluer.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Qualified OHT with AHPRA registration
- Experience in both children’s dentistry and adult dental hygiene etc
- Willing to learn new techniques, backed up by scientific evidence
- Keen to learn to use a phase contrast microscope as part of learning the Bonner Method for curing periodontal disease and preventing systemic diseases
- An interest in holistic dentistry, a friendly personality, and excellent communication with patients
- At least 1-2 years of experience as an OHT
- A desire to make a long term commitment to the patients, and also to working with us
- Live in the area (not in QLD due to potential future border closures)
Benefits and perks
- Gain holistic experience in the dental industry and be mentored by a very experienced (for over 35 years), highly trained, holistic dentist
- Modern practice with the latest technology, including Omnicam scanner and CEREC.
- Very large, spacious, light filled surgeries
- A supportive, friendly team environment
- Work in the heart of Bangalow, 10 mins to Byron Bay
- You will be a valuable team member in a harmonious, dynamic, health-oriented, holistic dental practice!
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, then we would love to receive your application.