|Posting||Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician – SALHN|
|Job Employer||SA Health|
|Location||Government – State|
|Salary||$46657 – $66973 p.a. (Pro Rata)|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – State|
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network – Flinders Medical Centre – Rehabilitation
- Salary: $46,657 – $66,973 p.a. (Pro Rata) TGO1| Full-time, Ongoing
SALHN is recruiting an Orthotic / Prosthetic Technician to join Orthotics and Prosthetics South Australia (OPSA) based at the Repat Health Precinct. This role is an opportunity for skilled and motivated technicians to join SALHN and assist the people of South Australia.
OPSA provides services to people with limb loss or impairment to function, through provision of artificial limbs and orthotic devices. Manufacturing these medical devices to a high standard, in a timely manner is critical to our service. As the Orthotic/Prosthetic technician you will assist the clinical orthotists/prosthetists in the production of high quality orthoses/prostheses provided to inpatients, outpatients and outreach patients of the SALHN.
In this role you will ensure high quality orthoses and prostheses are produced in a timely manner and that meet all requirements of the prescription, as indicated on job cards and verbal hand-over.
Duties will include assisting with stock control and recommendations for stock purchasing, stocktake, and stores management.
Additionally, you will be required to assist the Allied Health Professional Orthotist/Prosthetist with patient-based activities at the direction of, and supervision of the AHP Orthotist/Prosthetist, such as moulds and fittings.
We are seeking an experienced Orthotic / Prosthetic Technician or a trades-person or person with excellent hand skills to join our team of Prosthetists and Orthotists as a Technician. The person will need to be:
- highly motivated;
- demonstrate sound working knowledge of small hand tools, and larger workshop machinery;
- practical knowledge of manufacturing techniques including, plastic work, fibreglass lamination, excellent finishing skills including buffing, grinding and sewing;
- understanding and commitment to safe work practises, with WH&S knowledge required;
- excellent communication skills, to fit with a dynamic team of both experienced and developing practitioners;
- ability to adopt computer literacy relevant to WH&S recording, and job tracking;
- willingness to learn new techniques, skills and fabrication methods as introduced to the service;
- job suited to persons who have a practical trade background, or practised in carpentry, metal work, plastics work, upholstery or fitting and turning.
This position is in a workshop environment, operating M-F 8am – 4pm.
For full details, please see the attached Role Description.
In addition to the annual salary and entitlements (superannuation & leave loading), we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, watch a short video about what salary packaging is.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and Immunisation compliance as indicated on the Role description.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 794742
NAME: Sally Cavenett Telephone: (08) 7117 2655
Email: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
11.55 pm Saturday 11 June 2022