|Posting||Payroll/Accounts Officer (Part-time)|
|Job Employer||Southport Surf Club Supporters Club Inc|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
The Southport Surf Club, located on beautiful Main Beach, is currently seeking for an experienced Payroll/Accounts Payable & Receivable superstar to join our fun-loving team. The role is a newly created part-time to work 30 hours per week (flexible days and hours) reporting to the Finance Manager. You will form an integral part of our finance team in helping with the implementation and integration of new software systems/process across departments. You will be working closely with industry expert Team leaders.
Duties in this role may include:
· Payroll – timesheet data entry, creating new staff records, general
maintenance and terminations
· Process variations of pays and other associate employee benefits
· Respond to employee enquiries in a timely and professional manner
· Process employee entitlements such as Sick Leave and Annual Leave
· Process Superannuation payments
· Award interpretation
· Accounts Payable
· Accounts Receivable
· Project work for software implementations
· Inventory system data-entry and maintenance
· Printing, scanning, laminating, answering phones
· Stationary ordering and assist with inventory ordering
· General administration support for the club managers
To succeed in this role, you will need:
· Certificate IV in Financial Services preferred
· Experience in a similar role, with exposure to the Clubs industry will be ideal
· Experience with MYOB will be highly regarded with high level of attention to detail is imperative to the role
· Experience in Payroll/Accounts payable & receivable
· Intermediate user in Excel is important, or have a willingness to learn
· A professional, excellent communicator, and a team player
· A continuous improvement mindset, and good work ethic
· Time management skills, and a high level of accuracy
· COVID-19 Vaccination (or exemption)
· National Police Check
Southport Surf Life Saving Club
Saving lives since 1924
This Club was established in 1924, with our Lifesavers patrolling Main Beach on the northern end of the Gold Coast. Southport was one of the first Clubs in Queensland to establish a Junior Activities section and there are currently over 300 Nippers who participate in regular training sessions and competition each Sunday throughout summer. Our senior Club currently boasts over 250 patrolling volunteers who hold the proud record of ‘no lives lost between the flags’ while on patrol.
Our restaurant and bar offer some of the best views and facilities on the Gold Coast! We also have a beachside cafe, gaming room, functions spaces with exciting strategic plans for future growth.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and covering letter with your salary expectations and why you would be the best person for the role.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have data entry experience?
- Do you have experience in payroll, accounts payable and receivable?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years’ experiences do you have as a Accounts Officer/Clerk?
- Do you have experience using MYOB?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?