|Posting||Personal Care Assistant Hospital|
|Job Employer||Cabrini Health|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||Attractive hourly rate & benefits|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Nursing – A&E, Critical Care & ICU|
Cabrini is a Catholic charitable organisation inspired by the spirit and vision of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini and the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This order was founded by Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini who was canonised in 1946 and later proclaimed Universal Patron Saint of Immigrants. We are a community of care, reaching out with compassion, integrity, courage and respect to all we serve. With more than 4300 staff, 1000 accredited medical practitioners and several locations, we offer a range of employment opportunities to start, continue or advance your career.
Personal Care Assistant Grade 1 – Hospital Acute ICU
Permanent part-time & full-time roles available
The Personal Care Assistant (PCA) is responsible for supporting the nursing staff, and reports to the registered nurses to ensure the safe and seamless delivery of care.
We are seeking a candidate for the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), who will be required to be flexible and fulfill a rotating roster.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering care to patients under the supervision and direction of the registered nurse.
- Providing observation of patients and related reporting to the registered nurse.
- Transferring and transporting the patient within the hospital.
- Maintaining the patient environment, including bed making.
- Maintaining patient privacy and dignity and responding to their emotional, spiritual and cultural needs.
This role will suit an individual who has proven experience as a PCA in an acute setting (essential).
You will have:
- Relevant qualifications as outlined in the position description.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to develop trust and relationships with patients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
Enquiries to: Nurse Manager of the Intensive Care Unit Helen Thompson on 03 9508 1078.
Closing date: 25 June 2022.
- Salary Packaging
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Close to public transportation
Cabrini is an equal opportunity employer
Cabrini is committed to providing a safe environment for children
Compassion – Integrity – Courage – Respect
MANDATORY FOR ALL NEW STAFF TO CABRINI
Cabrini is a healthcare provider that is captured by the COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination requirements released by the Victorian government. It is a condition of employment that all staff receive the required vaccines, unless they have a relevant medical exemption. Vaccination evidence or evidence of a medical contraindication must be provided prior to commencement.
As per Cabrini policy, a mandatory copy of a current (under 12 months) police record check must be provided prior to the commencement date.