|Posting||Professional Electrical Engineer – South|
|Job Employer||C5 Pro-Solutions|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Electrical/Electronic Engineering|
About the business
C5 Pro-Solutions is a Tasmanian owned multi-discipline engineering consulting company with extensive experience in power engineering, civil/mechanical engineering relating to electrical infrastructure, software development and High Voltage electrical testing. Our business is experiencing sustained growth in both the electrical utility and private sector due to our ongoing commitment to quality, initiative and strong customer focus.
Our company is passionate about maintaining a positive, inclusive and diverse working environment that promotes equality and where our employees feel empowered to achieve
About the role
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Project Leaders’ team in delivering the technical requirements for engineering consultant elements, including:
- Development of electrical design documentation for a variety of primary and secondary design and testing projects
- Assist in the development of innovative engineering solutions by enhancing internal applications and process
- Complete primary and secondary testing on a variety of projects
- Assist in the development of detailed construction estimation costs based on industry best practice
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Be recognised by peers as disciplined and able to provide technical advice in the business’ key technical disciplines
- Ensuring Quality Assurance procedures are followed in accordance with company and client standards
Skills and experience
You need to be customer oriented and focused on delivering excellent outcomes while also understanding how to align your tasks to achieve short term business outcomes.
It is vital that you are an innovative thinker who excels in a team environment and displays a high level of attention to detail.
You will have 3+ years electrical power engineering experience as a consultant.
The key skills you will bring to our team include:
- A practical knowledge of relevant Australian standards and related legislative requirements such as AS 2067, AS 7000 and AS 3000
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders expectations and delivery on promised milestones
- Proven knowledge of electrical earthing system design (knowledge of CDEGS suite of applications would be advantageous), electrical primary layout design, insulation coordination design (knowledge of EMTP suite of applications would be advantageous), lightning design, power system load flow studies, electrical motor assessment, protection design and short circuit forces assessment.
- Ability to quickly understand the requirements of new and existing projects – ‘hit the ground running’
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects within competing timeframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of CAD packages such as MicroStation and AutoCAD
- May require occasional short-term interstate travel
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality focused
Benefits and perks
This is a full-time position suited for junior engineers wanting to progress their careers within a great team environment, offering a diversity of engineering challenges, opportunity to utilise innovative internal tools/methods and attractive remuneration.
If this opportunity sounds like it is right for you, please submit your cover letter and resume addressing the required skills and experience through the on-line application link. If you require further information, please contact Adam Vaux on 03 6105 0553.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold the correct Australian visa to work fulltime within our business