|Posting||Program Coordinator/Preschool Educator|
|Job Employer||Lilypad Early Learning Centre|
|Location||Ryde & Macquarie Park|
|Salary||$70000 – $89999|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Childcare & Outside School Hours Care|
Our service adopts an inclusive based environment where our programs have a strong emphasis on children’s unique skill development. Programs are interest based and capture the children’s voices in the set up of various learning environments. We adopt this approach to foster children’s sense of agency, meet and challenge children’s care and learning needs, all in our flexible routine environments.
Our team are all committed to learning new, or developing their current skill levels in a variety of education and inclusion domains. The enjoyment of, and participation in our various programs for each and every child is our number one focus.
We strive to improve the quality of interactions and connections that all children, families and staff have within our service, and this not limited to interpersonal interactions but to the interactions with our environments.
Qualifications & experience
- Diploma level or bachelors degree in Early childhood Education and care (or equivalent)
- Current First Aid including CPR, asthma and anaphylaxis
- Minimum two years working in an early childhood, OOSH or school environment
- Experience in supporting children who experience barriers to inclusion.
- Ability to monitor, implement, support and review children’s individual support plan needs on a regular basis
- Ability to multitask and ability to be flexible with meeting the needs of children, centre staff and families as they arise
- Sound communication and written skills in order to document and communicate clearly and respectfully with families, health professionals and centre staff
- Moderate level computer skills including ability to use online planforms, Microsoft word
- Experience in mentoring and supporting colleagues in a respectful and productive manner with ability to delegate and share working requirements
- Experience in working with school aged children is preferred
Tasks & responsibilities
- To monitor and guide educators in the understanding and implementation of children’s individual support plans
- To ensure active participation is carried out in the environment by all educators to ensure that all children’s various learning needs are being supported and met
- To schedule and organise review meetings with families, support workers and health professionals for children who have individualised plans and health needs
- To uphold confidentiality and privacy principles throughout newly developed policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for the communication of and changes to support plans amongst all educators and management involved
- To work with the service Director, 2IC and educational leader and to contribute at team and whole centre meetings as required
- To be flexible and accommodating towards the services management requirements including program development and implementation of planned activities in the preschool environment.
- To take responsibility for the development of program ideas and activities for school aged children in the OOSH program and coordinate staffing needs for these times
- To help with day to day centre operations from time to time in the absence of centre management
- To act in the best interests of children at all times, committed to the Early Childhood Code of Ethics
- Amazing low educator: child ratios across all age groups
- Professional development and training support
- Experienced and stable team environment
- Flexible working conditions
- Management support of educator/staff well-being with a focus of educator well-being and anti-discrimination focus
- Lead role and management opportunities, with experiences such as recruitment, staff support and community connection work
- Discounted childcare options
- Above award wages based on qualifications, skills and experience
- Located in a large shopping centre. close to public amenities and public transport
- On and off floor rostering
Please send your resume and cover letter that outlines why you believe you would be an ideal candidate for this role.
For more information about this position please call Sarah on 02 9808 5522