|Posting||Registered Nurse – Temporary Contracts / Casual (Various Surgical Units)|
|Job Employer||Metro South Health|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – State|
Are you interested in working for Metro South Health? If you are an experienced Registered Nurse with recent or current working experience in acute hospital settings and have a good understanding and knowledge of nursing practices, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Registered Nurse part of the Division Surgery team you will deliver safe compassionate clinical care; working collaboratively with the healthcare team to achieve best practice patient outcomes. You will engage in reflective, analytical practice through effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of direct person-centred care. You will continually improve your skills and knowledge in a variety of areas throughout the hospital, including Vascualar, ENT, Plastic Surgery and Maxillofacial, Othopaedics, Neurosciences, Cardiothoracic, Urology, Transplant, Hepatobiliary/Acute Surgical Unit, Breast and Endocine, Upper GI and Ophthalmology.
The PAH is one of the largest hospitals in Australia and one of the largest providers of surgical services in the country. The Division of Surgery talent pool supports the patient care in surgical speciality units in providing a team of knowledgeable and clinical competent relief and casual registered nurses, enrolled nurses, and assistants in nursing. Staff who are recruited through the Division of Surgery talent pool are employed on a casual or temporary basis to replace staffing shortfalls as required, throughout the hospital due to emergent, short term, and long-term leave.
- Able to do the 3 shifts (Early, Late and Night)
- Available to work across 7 days of the week
- Willing to work anywhere in the hospital
- Required to do minimum 28-night duty shifts per year for full time employees and a pro-rata basis for part time employees, and those on contracts
- Aware that there is a request roster, however requested shifts are not guaranteed.
- Complete assessment modules and ward competencies in allocated time frames
- Must hold appropriate work rights to work in Australia
This Expression of Interest collects a variety of information that will help identify potentially suitable applicants for future employment opportunities. If deemed suitable your details will remain in the Talent Pool for a period of 12 months and you will be contacted at the time an opportunity arises. Additional selection processes (interview, reference checks and pre-employment checks) to further assess suitability for appointment to a specific position may be required. If relevant, specialty skills will be assessed to determine eligibility for available positions.
- As part of the applicant pool, you may be offered casual or temporary employment opportunities that become available based on the order of merit
- A pool will generally continue for a 12-month period
- If you are placed in the applicant pool you may be offered a position within the relevant time period, however your appointment to a position is not guaranteed
- By submitting an Expression of Interest, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy at Metro South Health, please submit your application for the relevant vacancy via the Smart Jobs website and follow the process outlined for that vacancy
How to apply
1. Complete the online questionnaire as part of your online application.
2. A one-page cover letter addressing:
a) Your recent or current working experience in acute hospital/s in your nominated speciality surgical area/s, since your nursing registration in Australia.
b) How your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would contribute to the overall services provided the department.
3. Your current CV or resume, including two referees. You must seek approval prior to nominating a person as a referee.