|Posting||Registrar Adult Emergency|
|Job Employer||Mater Group|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – State|
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane are seeking a full time ED Registrar (PGY 3+) or PHO to work within our service, providing emergency medical care under the supervision and direction of Senior Medical staff.
What you’ll be doing
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Provision of clinical care to public patients by participation in a 24/7 roster (76hour fortnight)
- Shift supervision of junior doctors
- Training opportunities in emergency medicine with protected teaching time weekly
- The day-to-day review of patients and safe handover of patient care to after-hours staff.
- Documentation of the patient’s progress in the patient record, results management and acknowledgment and timely preparation of discharge letters, summaries and other reports as required by the Hospital.
- Participation in quality assurance and assisting with case presentations at teaching meetings.
Emergency Registrars at the Mater have the opportunity to rotate through a variety of departments (dependent on availability) including:
- Pregnancy Assessment Centre, Intensive care, Anaesthetics, Simulation Education and Ultrasound Special skills posts
- Some rotations are allocated to other centres – Paediatrics at neighbouring Queensland Children’s Hospital, Anaesthetics at Mater Private Hospital Springfield
Salary range: $113 480 – $131 569 per annum plus superannuation (commensurate with experience). Any penalty or overtime payments are in addition. You will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
We are a health care leader committed to the integration of health, education and research and exceptional healthcare to more than 500,000 patients annually. As a private, benevolent not-for-profit organisation – what gains we make go back into our business which is why we offer state of the art facilities, resources and training to advance your career and provide exceptional care to our patients and the community.
Mater South Brisbane comprises a unique collocation of two public and four private hospitals. Within the organisation the Mater Hospital Brisbane Emergency Department sees approximately 55,000 public adult patients per year with a 38% admission rate. Mater Mothers’ Hospital (MMH) is the busiest maternity service in Australia, having around 10,500 births per year.
To be considered as an applicant you should:
- Be eligible for General or Provisional Registration with AHPRA.
- Have at least 3 years relevant clinical postgraduate experience in Australia or a Country of Competent Authority according to AHPRA
- An interest in Emergency Medicine as a career path
About our process
Mater Hospital Brisbane Emergency Department has several positions available for immediate start, as well as positions becoming available mid-year due to increases to our staffing levels. If deemed suitable, you will be contacted further by Mater to discuss further which employment opportunity you are interested in. Mater may request your participation in other recruitment selection processes, (for example interview and/or references) to further determine suitability for employment for a specific position.
Why join us?
Mater Hospital Brisbane is part of the historic Mater Health Campus, spectacularly located on a hill adjacent the Brisbane River in beautiful and sunny South East Queensland.
As a Mater medical staff member, you will have access to research opportunities with Mater Research and access to Professional Development opportunities with Mater Education. Mater is a teaching hospital of the University of Queensland and clinicians are eligible for academic appointment to the university.
Immediately adjacent the Hospital there are a wide range of bars, restaurants, accommodation complexes and numerous theatres including the Brisbane Cultural Centre, the Gallery of Modern Art and the world class Queensland Museum. There is no shortage of things to do in your free time. The Southbank entertainment precinct, restaurants and laneway bars of the CBD are within walking distance. The Sunshine Coast beaches are just over 60 minutes North and Byron Bay is 90 minutes to the South.
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2022.
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.