|Posting||Research Scientist – Optical and Photonic Biosensing|
|Location||Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||AU$102000 to AU$111000 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – Federal|
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliationThe Opportunity
- Bring your expertise in optical & photonic biosensing into a rewarding role
- Work on novel biosensing methods & collaborate with leading industry partners
- Exciting term opportunity to join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency!
Interested in playing a key role in creating the next generation of biosensors? CSIRO Manufacturing currently has a great opportunity for an innovative Research Scientist to join our Biomedical Sensing team, and it might be the next career step you’re looking for!
With the increasing need for highly efficient and specific diagnosis of diseases in the present world, the next generation biosensors are urgently required in a biomedical context. Therefore, CSIRO has a research focus on providing diagnostic tools with ultra-high sensitivity that are scalable and suitable for industrial translation, ranging from point-of-care devices to wearable & implantable biosensors. Progress in this field requires highly effective control of bio-interfacial interactions and the integration of a range of interdisciplinary skills.
In this hands-on lab-based role, you will bring your scientific expertise in optical & photonic biosensing to develop CSIRO’s research capability in the area of biosensing, and work on novel biosensing approaches. You will have the opportunity to work with CSIRO’s expert biomedical researchers and contribute to our key scientific missions, however this role has a strong external focus and therefore you will also play a vital role by collaborating with various industry partners & external stakeholders on the translation of these technologies.
If you’re interested in applying your well-developed skills, experience & knowledge into a worthwhile role that would guide the development of new medical technologies benefiting millions of people, we would love to hear from you!Your duties will include:
- Designing and manufacturing optical & photonics based biosensors with ultra-high sensitivity for the detection of a broad range of biomarkers and pathogens.
- Developing next-generation optical and photonic transducer platforms that are suitable for integration into biosensors.
- Developing novel technologies enabling improved selectivity and sensitivity including nanostructured materials and coatings
- Detailed characterisation and validation experiments.
- Evaluating biological responses in vitro and in vivo.
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs and taking personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$102K to AU$111K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
Reference: 84968To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline area, such as Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Biomedical Science or related disciplines.
- Relevant postdoctoral research experience in the field of diagnostic technologies.
- Relevant postdoctoral research experience in the field of optical and photonics based biosensing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team.
- Proven ability to collaborate widely with diverse stakeholders both within the organisation and externally.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.Eligibility
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.About CSIRO
At CSIRO Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.Applications Close
30 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST