|Job Employer||Willoughby City Council|
|Location||North Shore & Northern Beaches|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – Local|
- Join a dynamic, diverse and future-focused local authority
- Work in diverse environments and teams
- Enjoy freedom to grow your career
- Salary Neg from $113,003 (excluding super)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Risk Specialist within Willoughby City Council’s Governance, Risk and Compliance Unit.
When you join Willoughby City Council you join a close-knit team with a big impact. We are dynamic, diverse and future-focused. We value team players who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done. We serve the community and make it our job to make people’s lives better. It’s all in a day’s work.
You’ll have the freedom to grow in your career alongside likeminded people who will support you every step of the way. You’ll be part of our transformation as a council and shape the future for the residents of Willoughby. And you’ll do it all from a thriving hub in Sydney, in the culturally-rich area we are so proud to call home.
You’re looking for a role with purpose, one where you can make a meaningful difference. You have so much to offer. And we can see that. As much as you bring to the table, we provide you with the support you need to accelerate your career growth. We are constantly evolving… and that change brings with it new directions, skillsets and thinking for you to embrace. Through collaboration and projects across the organisation, you will have incredible opportunities come your way. How far you take them, well, that’s in your hands.
A career here is about sharing ideas, spotting opportunities to make life and work in Willoughby better for all of us. It’s a collaborative approach to making the right decisions for our residents and environment. What that means for you is the opportunity to contribute your expertise and learn from your colleagues’ across all the different areas of Council each and every day.
About the role
Whether that be incisive financial acumen, intelligent IT or residential solutions, a career here is about sharing ideas, spotting opportunities to make life and work in Willoughby better for all of us. It’s a collaborative approach to making the right decisions for our residents and environment.
What that means for you is the opportunity to contribute your expertise and learn from your colleagues’ across all the different areas of Council each and every day.
The Risk Specialist will provide management, leadership and direction to all business units within the organisation through the implementation and maintenance of an enterprise risk management framework supported by a risk based audit program, ensuring that the objectives of the Internal Audit Programme are achieved.
Key responsibilities include:
- To build, implement and promote a strong enterprise risk management framework and culture within Willoughby City Council
- Develop and maintain a risk reporting framework to enable regular advising, reporting and management of key risks
- Assist the Internal Auditor in developing an annual and three-year rolling risk-based internal audit program
- Support Council’s insurance portfolio and placement of appropriate insurance coverage, effective management and resolution of insurance claims and the provision of instruction to lawyers in relation to litigated claims
- Develop, implement and regularly test Councils Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Framework
- Develop and implement an appropriate Fraud Prevention framework and oversee its compliance within Council and any identified external customers
Required qualifications, skills and experience include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications applicable to enterprise risk management and/or significant sector experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development, review and implementation of risk management policies, strategies, systems and procedures
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills and ability to effectively influence and manage a range of diverse stakeholders to drive the implementation processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to champion the development and implementation of effective enterprise-wide risk management frameworks and achieve executive and staff buy-in
Apply now to join us at Willoughby City Council where you can add value and be valued for the meaningful work you do.
Enquiries: Maxine Kenyon – Director – Customer and Corporate – 02 9777 7701
Applications must address all of the key responsibilities outlined in the Position Description. Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake pre-employment screening including police and qualification checks.
Applications close: 12 June 2022