|Posting||Senior Electrical Engineer – South and North|
|Job Employer||C5 Pro-Solutions|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Electrical/Electronic Engineering|
About the business
C5 Pro-Solutions is a Tasmanian owned multi-discipline engineering consulting company with extensive experience in power engineering, civil/mechanical engineering relating to electrical infrastructure, software development and High Voltage electrical testing. Our business is experiencing sustained growth in both the electrical utility and private sector due to our ongoing commitment to quality, initiative and strong customer focus.
Our company is passionate about maintaining a positive, inclusive and diverse working environment that promotes equality and where our employees feel empowered to achieve
About the role
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Project Leaders’ team in delivering the technical requirements for engineering consultant elements, including:
- Provide technical support for all aspects of transmission and distribution design/testing to deliver a high level of technical design & advisory services related to both regulated and industrial electrical networks
- Champion the development of electrical design documentation for overhead, urban residential subdivisions, commercial subdivisions, large point loads and building type substations
- Assist Project Leaders manage key projects on all aspects of engineering design and testing
- Enhance existing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Work closely with Design Drafters, Engineers and Project Leaders
- Be recognised by peers as disciplined and able to provide expert engineering advice in the business’ key technical disciplines and provide guidance to our engineers, contractors, drafters, testing group and our clients based on detailed understanding of the needs of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring Quality Assurance procedures are followed in accordance with company and client standards
Skills and experience
You need to be results oriented and focussed on delivering excellent outcomes while also understanding how to align your tasks to achieve technical business outcomes.
It is vital that you are an innovative thinker who excels in a team environment and displays a high level of attention to detail.
You will be a qualified Electrical Engineer with 5+ years relevant professional experience in the electrical consultancy industry.
The key skills you will bring to our team include:
- Extensive knowledge of relevant Australian standards and related legislative requirements such as Safety in Design practices, EG-1, EG-0, AS 1768, AS 2067, AS 7000 and AS 3000
- Technical knowledge of the power distribution (HV) /transmission networks (EHV), specifically in the design of:
- Distribution Design
- Earthing systems
- Lightning protection
- Primary layout design – short circuit forces, insulation coordination, EMF studies
- Technical knowledge of earthing system testing including:
- Soil resistivity testing
- Off frequency current injection testing
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders expectations and delivery on promised milestones
- Ability to quickly understand the requirements of new and existing projects – ‘hit the ground running’
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects within competing timeframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- May require occasional short-term interstate travel
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality focused
Benefits and perks
This is a full-time position suited for professional engineering consultants wanting to progress their careers within a great team environment, offering a diversity of engineering challenges, opportunity to utilise innovative internal tools/methods and attractive remuneration.
If this opportunity sounds like it is right for you, please submit your cover letter outlining experience relevant to the key skill sets and resume through the on-line application link. If you require further information, please contact Adam Vaux on 03 6105 0553.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold the correct Australian visa to work fulltime within our business.