|Posting||Senior Governance Officer|
|Job Employer||City of Boroondara|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Government – Local|
• Support Council Meetings, governance and legal processes
• Full time, fixed term mid-June 2022 to September 2022
• $76,049 per annum
Unique opportunity to experience Local Government governance and legal issues within our vibrant metro Council’s Governance & Legal department
A little bit about the role
City of Boroondara is a wonderful place to work renowned for its leafy neighbourhoods and parks, heritage character, bustling shopping centres and cafes, and relaxed and peaceful streets. While we offer hybrid working where you will split your time between home and the office, you will be required to attend Council meetings and civic events in person in the evenings.
Reporting to the Coordinator Governance and other leaders in the Governance and Legal Team, the Governance Officer:
- Supports good governance and Council process by attending and providing secretariat/administrative to Boroondara Council meetings.
- Promotes transparency by processing and preparing freedom of information decisions.
- Supports human rights by assisting the Council Privacy Officer in investigating and responding to complaints about interferences with privacy, and assisting the Integrity Coordinator with responding to regulators and integrity agencies such as the Ombudsman, Information Commissioner and IBAC.
- Celebrates community by attending and supporting citizenship ceremonies and other civic events.
If interested and required, you may also assist in tort claims management, risk, audit and corporate legal issues.
A little bit about you
The role would suit a highly capable law, public policy or social science graduate or penultimate year student ready to kick start their career!
We seek a team player with:
- a strong sense of integrity;
- an interest in governance and local government;
- great interpersonal skills;
- excellent planning and organisation skills;
- strong work ethic; and
- are proficient in IT systems including MS Office, MS Outlook and Adobe Professional
What sets us apart?
- You will be mentored, supported and given opportunities to grow and to realise your potential.
- You will have a voice and we will listen – we value feedback and take action.
- City of Boroondara is evolving and this is an exciting time to join which may lead to exciting future opportunities
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Preferred applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Record Check
- All local government employees must be fully vaccinated to perform work outside of their place of residence. Appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to provision of evidence of vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please submit your application online via the ‘Apply’ button by Thursday 9 June 2022, 11:59pm. All applications must be made via the online portal; no applications direct to the hiring manager or from recruitment agencies will be considered.
For a confidential discussion about this position please contact Kirstin Ritchie (during business hours) ph 03 9278 4471.
If you want to know more about the benefits of working for the City of Boroondara, please visit our careers website boroondara.vic.gov.au/careers
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers. To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds. If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance. Council is a child safe organisation and as such, some positions may require the incumbent to hold a Working with Children Check.
We are currently undertaking an exciting project that will see a transformation in the way we work and the way we serve our customers. Implementation of the Boroondara Customer First Program will provide a customer centric model of service delivery that includes technological innovation, process improvement and business system renewal – we value your input and look forward to our journey ahead.