|Posting||Senior Manager – Strategy & Operations|
|Job Employer||Lenovo Australia & New Zealand Pty Ltd|
|Location||North Shore & Northern Beaches|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Strategy & Planning|
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$60 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company serving customers in 180 markets around the world. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that power (through devices and infrastructure) and empower (through solutions, services and software) millions of customers every day and together create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society for everyone, everywhere. To find out more visit https://www.lenovo.com,and read about the latest news via our StoryHub.
This position will be responsible for leading the strategy and operations team of planning, commercial insights and customer experience functions across the AAU PC and Smart Devices business, driving a >$1B annual revenue business.
Working closely with the AAU CxO and Leadership team, this role needs to partner with key stakeholders across the organisation and take responsibility for a wide number initiatives that will enable the leadership team to drive the business forward effectively at a Premium to Market. This role will also manage directly a team of commercial segment and business analysts both locally and offshore.
You will be a resilient and tenacious operator who can demonstrate experience in building strong relationships and managing senior stakeholders with strong analytical and reporting skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to leverage market knowledge and research to be the think tank and partner to enable strong business decision making supporting the AAU CxO & Leadership team from a strategic and operational perspective.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, dynamic and capable business professional who has strong ICT industry experience in a strategy or consulting environment. The person needs to thrive in a hands on, dynamic and pressurized environment who will be responsible for:
- Design and deliver Strategy formation, business analytics & insights from research to implementation
- Develop and Lead the Annual Planning and Budgeting Cycle across the AAU business
- Provide comprehensive support to the AAU Leadership team in presentation preparation and operational support, with being able to develop a short deck with storyline to respond to management needs
- Understand and lead the analysis on Price Incentives, rebates and business promotions with our Distributor and Business Partners
- AAU Lead for Business Transformation Projects
Planning / Commercial Insights
- Preparation for and participation in operational reviews with the AP Executive Leadership Team
- Provide commercial insight and advice to CXO and leadership team through routine and ad-hoc analytics
- Execute research and data analysis tasks and the preparation of reports and recommendations
- Be the go-to person for AAU Leadership team for any data related and market analytics request.
- Facilitate and run the weekly Sales and Operations cadence, and planning sessions along with deep dives & workshops
- Lead team of commercial segment analysts who are the trusted advisors to the business
- Own Customer Growth & Profitability, Sales Productivity, Coverage & RAD ownership strategies
- Lead the AAU market intelligence gathering and analysis and the preparation of reports and recommendations, key liaison with market intelligence firms (IDC, Gartner, Canalys)
- Deliver detailed Market Intelligence analysis using IDC data, maintaining a considered view of the market outlook
- Lead team with data collection, validation and reconciliation of consumer and channel data along with retail and channel partner programs, including budgeting, accruals, claims validation and ROI analysis
- Oversight of the Incentives & Commissions process, in conjunction with HR in sales plan design, quota-setting, quota-attainment, commissions payments
- Driving CX improvement actions via collaboration with respective functional / regional teams by redesigning process, ways of working, as well as documenting the learnings from deep dives, worldwide CX and functional/regional CX teams, to continuously enhance our customer engagement in a systematic manner
- Develop, deploy, and improve processes and practices to create an effortless experience for our customers
- Work experience in PC Vendor / ICT industry with an interest in driving new revenue streams with digitalization, IOT, 5G and XaaS
- Experience in driving process improvement and transformation with cross functional teams
- High-level logical thinking, critical thinking
- PowerPoint / Thinkcell – advanced, management ready story-lining and visualization
- Practical, flexible and results-oriented mindset (no excuse, no bureaucracy)
- Flexibility in working style to get things done
- Consulting and strategy experience preferred
- Project management and problem solving
- Self-Starter/Entrepreneurial (not waiting for supervision or detailed instructions)
- Practical, flexible and result-oriented mindset
- MBA preferred