|Posting||Teacher – City Cite|
|Job Employer||Ballarat Grammar|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Teaching – Secondary|
City Cite was established in 2001 and was the initiative of Ballarat Grammar School. The School identified that the students living in regional towns would benefit from a city experience, in order to broaden their awareness of living in a large and culturally diverse, metropolitan city. At City Cite we promote experiential learning in an exciting environment – the ever-changing city – to help prepare students for their exciting and challenging future.
Ballarat Grammar is one of regional Australia’s leading co-educational schools with a proud history dating back to 1877 and a flourishing community of over 1,750 students from 6 months to Year 12, including around 250 boarders.
- Full-time position
- To commence Term 3 2022, until end of Term 1, 2023.
Teachers at City Cite and Ballarat Grammar are responsible for empowering students with:
- Academic confidence and a passion for learning,
- An understanding of the obligations of community, both local and international,
- Social competence, the capacity for leadership and genuine compassion for others,
- A desire for involvement in the arts, sports and co-curricular activities,
- Good physical and emotional health, and
- An understanding of, and learning from, Christian faith and Christian spirituality.
For further information about the City Cite Teacher position, please refer to the position description here or visit the Ballarat Grammar website at http://jobs.bgs.vic.edu.au/
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Qualifications and Certificates
• VIT registration
• First Aid Certificate, including Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management
Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrated educational teaching experience.
• Experience and knowledge of diverse individual academic learning programmes.
Skills and Attributes
• Ability to demonstrate and authentically promote Ballarat Grammar’s values.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, to the highest level.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with students, staff and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated flexibility and initiative.
• Excellent computer literacy skills.
Please note, that it is a condition of employment that all BGS Educational Services employees are able to provide evidence that they have received three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, or are otherwise medically exempt.
*** Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria within your application ***
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 13 June 2022