|Job Employer||Goodstart Early Learning|
|Location||Teaching – Early Childhood|
|Salary||$33.00 – $46.00 per hour + Super + Benefits|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Teaching – Early Childhood|
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Teacher – Warwick, Percy Street | Proficient or New Graduate
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people like you!
Goodstart Early Learning Warwick, Percy Street has a wonderful and rewarding Early Childhood Teacher position available to join their Team. This Centre is part of a unique initiative being run by Goodstart offering an intensive, integrated approach to Enhancing Children’s Outcomes (EChO).
What is EChO?
Our EChO initiative is a targeted approach within Goodstart’s Social Inclusion Strategy that builds on our universally available early learning and care programs. The approach uses an Enhanced Service Delivery Model to provide wrap around intensive and sustainable resources to Goodstart Early Learning Centres located in communities where children are more vulnerable to poor outcomes.
As a teacher at Goodstart Warwick, Percy Street, you will inspire a love of learning in children and foster their development through purposeful, intentional teaching practices that are delivered with creativity and energy. You will build meaningful relationships with families, so each child has a strong sense of belonging that supports them to thrive. Your love of teaching will be reflected in how you mentor and guide educational practices in your room, and in your work with the broader centre leadership team to develop, review, and implement high-quality early learning programs, to ensure you’re achieving optimal outcomes for children.
You’ll help achieve this by :
- Having a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or ACECQA Equivalent
- Having extensive knowledge of the EYLF and QKLG and a thorough understanding of the NQF/NQS
- Having passion and enthusiasm to lead a classroom effectively
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration
- Flexibility for work/life balance
- Competitive pay – you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
- Paid professional development – we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus – you’ll get two extra days off per year
- Additional Leave – you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Generous Childcare Discounts – 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
- Retail and childcare discounts
You’ll also love:
- Centre Support – dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability – with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of large network and the stability of a respected organisation.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all. #gsteachers