|Job Employer||Goodstart Early Learning|
|Location||Western Suburbs & Ipswich|
|Salary||$33.00 – $46.00 per hour + Super + Benefits|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Teaching – Early Childhood|
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Role: Early Childhood Teacher
Location: Western Suburbs & Ipswich Brisbane Qld
Centre: Goodstart Collingwood Park
Employment Type: Full-time Permanent or Permanent Part-time
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people like you!
As a teacher at Goodstart Collingwood Park you will inspire a love of learning in children and foster their development through purposeful, intentional teaching practices that are delivered with creativity and energy. You will build meaningful relationships with families, so each child has a strong sense of belonging that supports them to thrive. Your love of teaching will be reflected in how you mentor and guide educational practices in your room, and in your work with the broader centre leadership team to develop, review, and implement high-quality early learning programs, to ensure you’re achieving optimal outcomes for children.
Goodstart Collingwood Park is a small 21 place service, where our unique learning space has a homely feel which supports all learning styles and interests. We have a team of qualified and passionate educators lead by an experienced, supportive Centre Director who focuses on creating a fair work/life balance for the team.
You’ll help achieve this by :
- Having a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Having previous experience with Qld Kindergarten program or another kindergarten/pre-school program
- Having previous A & R experience with an “exceeding” centre would be desireable
- Having initiative to drive innovation within the Centre
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Comprehensive Teacher Professional Program
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Competitive above award rates – In line with the State School System – $43.00 – $46.00
- 2 x Wellbeing Days per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Generous childcare Discounts – 50% off gap fee
- Set Roster – 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
- Approved bachelor degree in early childhood education or ACECQA approved equivalent OR
- Diploma qualification studying towards Bachelor
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all. #gsteachers