|Job Employer||Goodstart Early Learning|
|Location||Western Suburbs & Ipswich|
|Salary||$33.00 – $46.00 per hour + Super + Benefits|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Teaching – Early Childhood|
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Role: Early Childhood Teacher
Location: South West Brisbane
Centre: Goodstart Kenmore – Kersley Road
Employment Type: Full-time Permanent or Permanent Part-time
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people like you!
As a teacher at Goodstart Kenmore, you will inspire a love of learning in children and foster their development through purposeful, intentional teaching practices that are delivered with creativity and energy. You will build meaningful relationships with families, so each child has a strong sense of belonging that supports them to thrive. Your love of teaching will be reflected in how you mentor and guide educational practices in your room, and in your work with the broader centre leadership team to develop, review, and implement high-quality early learning programs, to ensure you’re achieving optimal outcomes for children.
You’ll help achieve this by :
- Having a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education OR studying towards your qualification
- Having passion and enthusiasm to lead a classroom effectively
- Having initiative to drive innovation within the Centre
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration
- Competitive pay – on par with state primary school teachers – $33.00 – $46.00 per hour
- Paid professional development
- Wellbeing focus – you’ll get two extra days off per year
- Additional Leave – you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Generous Childcare Discounts – get 50% of your gap fees
- Retail discounts – you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology
You’ll also love:
- Centre Support – dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability – with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of large network and the stability of a respected organisation.
If you would like to chat about this position, I would love to hear from you on (07) 3918 2358.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams made up of Goodstarters from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and deeper cultural awareness and understanding of our First Nations people and culture for all. #gsteachers