|Posting||Teacher – Its a passion, not just a job|
|Job Employer||Havenport MSL College|
|Location||Fremantle & Southern Suburbs|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Teaching – Secondary|
Havenport MSL College is a co-educational school from students from Year 3 to Year 10, who are 2 or more years behind in literacy and numeracy.
Our foundation is based on informality where student and staff mental health is prioritised. We accept that it our job as staff to adapt to how our students learn and grow and understand that no single day is the same.
Our school, students and staff do not conform to traditional role models, yet every person has intellectual capacity along with the vision and capability to challenge the word at large. We encourage this through reinforcing that Havenport is their school and teaching them how to embrace that ownership of being and self through explicit instruction both academically and emotionally.
Team Members at Havenport:
- Have sound humanistic behavioural management strategies (TCI trained a bonus)
- Employ EDI as their pedagogy for instruction
- Leave their ego at the door and embrace each day as a learning opportunity.
- Work actively and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team as necessary within the College.
- Are passionate about students with dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADHD and developmental language delay achieving tertiary educational goals.
- Record, collate, and prepare information to be used to develop and monitor strategies and alternative programs in consultation with relevant parties.
- Maintain the college record system, analyse data, and prepare information to develop and monitor documents.
- Produce training resources accessible to all literacy levels.
- Work to the child’s ability and provide the expectation for them to achieve.
Applicants should meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to deliver engaging, hands on, classes across multiple ages.
- Experience in assessing through observations and not in a traditional literary manner.
- Competency and confidence to provide multiple classes across all areas of the curriculum i.e. Arts, STEM, Science, Outdoor Ed.
- Demonstrated good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrated effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities within timelines.
- Would suit LEAP qualified teacher
Salary to match qualifications and experiences