|Posting||Tour Guide with Educational Tour Company|
|Job Employer||Small World Journeys|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Tour Guides|
Small World Journeys is a Cairns-based educational tour operator with a heart of green. We run multi-day programs focusing on geography, biology, marine science, sustainability and community service. We are professional, hardworking and we like to laugh. Small World has won both state and national tourism awards and we’ve had hundreds of happy student groups. We are now looking for TOUR GUIDES for our programs.
Our Cairns region programs run year-round, but we are busiest during school holidays. Our educators usually fall into two categories: land-based or marine-based. If you have a background and the ability to do both, fantastic, and you would certainly be offered more opportunities if so. At the moment we have solid work available May-October, with options beyond those months.
DESCRIPTION OF OUR IDEAL GUIDE:
- Enjoy working outdoors! A typical trip might be accompanying the group to the reef one day, to the Daintree the next, learning about the environment, doing some community service projects or accompanying the group overnight on an Indigenous immersion experience.
- Have demonstrable experience and success in working with groups of teenagers, and have the energy and enthusiasm to keep them interested in what you’re saying
- Strong safety awareness and risk management skills
- Willing to work 5-10 days in a row
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can get one – our educator guides are contractors
- Have demonstrable experience in leading a multi-day camp or tour
- Able to present positive aspects of Aboriginal culture and to discuss current Indigenous issues
- Have a thorough knowledge of Cairns restaurants, shops and landmarks (we can’t use anyone who is new to Cairns)
- Be in good physical condition
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Have a Queensland Driver’s Authority
- Appropriate license class (at least Light Rigid) to drive our tour bus
- Have strong knowledge of Wet Tropics flora, fauna and natural history
- Have a current CPR and First Aid certificate or equivalent
- Have a Queensland Blue Card (Suitability for Working with Children) – can obtain once with SWJ
TO EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST:
Even if you are only available for a few weeks, get in touch!
Please look at our website www.smallworldjourneys.com.au before applying so you know if this might be the right fit for you.
No calls please, thanks.